touchdown/big butter jesus=melted pile of goo....

e-flores

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Half a mil for a steel structure with foam and cardboard inner covered in fiberglass. I can think of many many better ways that a church could spend half a mil.

Hence my dislike for it. That statue and even the church itself is the exact opposite of the principles taught by Jesus. Most organized religions disgust me because they have a "look at us" attitude and once you REALLY look at them they are merely playing church.

I'm even more amused at the fact there's a Hustler store nearby that was unscathed :lol:

"It sent goosebumps through my whole body because I am a believer," said Levi Walsh, 29. "Of all the things that could have been struck, I just think that that would be protected. ... It's something that's not supposed to happen, Jesus burning," he said. "I had to see it with my own eyes."

"I can't believe Jesus was struck," said his brother, who noted the giant Hustler Hollywood sign for the adult store across the street was untouched. "It's the last thing I expected to happen."

"It sent goosebumps through my whole body because I am a believer," said Levi Walsh, 29. "Of all the things that could have been struck, I just think that that would be protected. ... It's something that's not supposed to happen, Jesus burning," he said. "I had to see it with my own eyes."

Benjamin Franklin needs to teach this kid how electricity and lightning rods work. I know it's not in the Bible, but by God, physics knows that lightning will usually travel the path of least resistance.

It was made of plastic foam and fiberglass over a steel frame