touchdown/big butter jesus=melted pile of goo....

e-flores

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

christians HAVE to know that belligerent jesus can have a sense of humor and a basic understanding of insurance. or maybe he was just being a dick. he does that some times. ever heard of job?

From the other articles I have read they are saying it was $250K, not $500K.

the one linked above (http://news.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20100615/NEWS01/306150004/Jesus-statue-destroyed-by-act-of-God) is saying $700k total, but $400k of that is the amphitheater behind the statue.

If that church is helping people, then good for them - but I don't think they needed a 62 ft tall statue of Jesus to help anyone. Mother Theresa did alright for herself with a lot less.

how long you think it's going to be before the NAACP gets off the "black whores" horse and starts bitching about the fact that a 30 ft cross was burned in front of the black parish members?

I can see it now - "the fire department didn't make enough of an effort to extinguish the burning cross. The racism must stop!"

Hence my dislike for it. That statue and even the church itself is the exact opposite of the principles taught by Jesus. Most organized religions disgust me because they have a "look at us" attitude and once you REALLY look at them they are merely playing church.

+1, growing up in a Catholic family and going to Catholic schools was enough to see the hippocracy of the Catholic church. As I have gotten older and learned about more and more religions I realized they are pretty much all the same.

I can't believe no one has posted this tribute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq01UYiMyHg

I'm sure I'm going to hello for laughing at this. First thing I thought when I seen this in the news this morning was how ironic for Jesus to get struck by lightening and burn to the ground.

Lol now I'm waiting for all of the end of days discussions to pick up even more.

I'm even more amused at the fact there's a Hustler store nearby that was unscathed :lol:

good 'ol Zeus was aiming for the Hustler, but he'd had one too many...

of course Zeus has the MADD sticker on his rider (Mt olympus Against Drunk Destruction), but who's going to write him up?

:p