Is this 2009 Yamaha R1 hot?

Das Borgen

Reply from the "seller" (I used my RichCranium GMail acount for this investigation):

Hi Richard,

I am sorry for my tardiness in replying, for the time being I am on a business trip to Austin TX, i just got a new job here so i`ll be moving here with my family. The bike is still available and the final price is $2,600. I`m selling it at such a low price because i need some cash soon for my business project. It is in best working and aesthetic condition,no scratches,no problems at the engine, never involved in accidents and it has 2,642 miles.Below you can find a link with some pictures:

http://s759.photobucket.com/home/2009YamahaYZF/recentuploads?view=slideshow

Awaiting for reply.

Regards,

Dennis

Every once in a while an angry wife will sell her husband's stuff for next to nothing. I've seen it multiple times.

crazy women

a buddy of mine thought he'd found such a deal in high school.

"1967 corvette hard-top." $600

showed up at the guy's house to look at the car, and the dude was selling JUST the top.

I laughed at him for weeks for that. (although my friend's defense, there is a separate section of the classifieds for "auto parts," and this was listed in the "cars for sale" section)

I think it infers that the seller is a Jew not the buyer.

Nigerian princes are generally Muslim or of a local faith. Perhaps the prince would "wasp" him a few extra dollars. "Jew" as a verb rubs me.

Latest update from "Dennis".

Sounds like a can't-lose deal, I'm doing it! :lol:

Only problem is that eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection works on eBay transactions (duh), not Craig's List.

Hi again,

The bike is at the shipping company in Austin TX sealed and ready for shipping.

Giving the nature of this transaction we can escrow the payment with eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program, and this way you're not buying something sight unseen. I've used their services in the past to buy my wife's car. They keep the money until you receive and inspect the bike(shipping to your door will be paid by me). You have 5 days to inspect the bike. If the bike is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you are able to inspect the bike before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.

If you agree with my terms please reply with your full name,address and phone number so we can move forward.

I’m a serious person and I hope you are too, because I really don’t have time to lose.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

P.S.If you decide to buy my bike don`t forget to send me your full name,address and phone number.

Thank you

Dennis

Edited by jblosser
duh

So he advertised in a Columbus Craigslist, then went on business to Texas, took his bike to a shipping company there just so that it could be shipped back to columbus?

Yes, we all know it's a scam, but I wonder if these scammers know just how stupid their scams sound...

anyone wanna buy my gixxer? ill make you a sweet deal on it...i just divorced my wife, and it was her bike so im just selling it to piss her off...let me know, mint condition....i only deal with payment through western union for both buyer and seller protection

photo.jpg