New ZX10 announced today

Casper

Guys, what does it matter in terms of HP? That's the problem with our society's mindset and bikes. Bigger is better as they say, right? Nope...

There is more than HP. If the bike can handle and can easily be upgraded and is dependable, that makes a difference. More HP is bogus. Sure, if you are having a big dick swinging contest (Sinner's out), sure. But in the end, there are bikes that excel and it has nothing to do with HP.

The BMW is suffering from a parts issue and they will have issues due to outsourcing. There are also concerns over longevity and dependability with the bike. You can also look closely and see the lower budget pieces on the bike. Things like paint instead of powder coated surfaces, details in the bolts, the way they have certain things cast, etc. They out sourced a LOT of stuff to keep the costs down and to go right up against the Big 4 market. The BMW isn't looking at it's customer base - it is focused on the Big 4's market and thus, the price had to be where it is to compete.

IF, I - F the Kaw can handle, it will be a better bike. I don't buy a single comment on HP until I see dyno figures. The BMW has lived up to the hype and it is a great bike for sure. But, a lot of guys running them and winning on them have a lot of money into them. Top change? The Sachs suspension. It is reminiscent of the old Honda days - F3s and CBR900RRs stuff... Really cheap. The suspension on the ZX10 is really good technology and quite possibly the best so far on a production (mass) bike outside Ohlins stuff on LE machines...

Overall, HP means shit. You guys should know that...

Guys, what does it matter in terms of HP? That's the problem with our society's mindset and bikes. Bigger is better as they say, right? Nope...

There is more than HP. If the bike can handle and can easily be upgraded and is dependable, that makes a difference. More HP is bogus. Sure, if you are having a big dick swinging contest (Sinner's out), sure. But in the end, there are bikes that excel and it has nothing to do with HP.

The BMW is suffering from a parts issue and they will have issues due to outsourcing. There are also concerns over longevity and dependability with the bike. You can also look closely and see the lower budget pieces on the bike. Things like paint instead of powder coated surfaces, details in the bolts, the way they have certain things cast, etc. They out sourced a LOT of stuff to keep the costs down and to go right up against the Big 4 market. The BMW isn't looking at it's customer base - it is focused on the Big 4's market and thus, the price had to be where it is to compete.

IF, I - F the Kaw can handle, it will be a better bike. I don't buy a single comment on HP until I see dyno figures. The BMW has lived up to the hype and it is a great bike for sure. But, a lot of guys running them and winning on them have a lot of money into them. Top change? The Sachs suspension. It is reminiscent of the old Honda days - F3s and CBR900RRs stuff... Really cheap. The suspension on the ZX10 is really good technology and quite possibly the best so far on a production (mass) bike outside Ohlins stuff on LE machines...

Overall, HP means shit. You guys should know that...

Always a hater..........

yeah my little dick with a big motor....= "My speed is dangerous" :lol:

• Upvote 1

Majority of all bikes are good bikes. The owners desires make it a good bike...a good bike for him and his wants. I for one, love as much motor power as possible that I can afford to make and a wheelbase to my liking. I hate stretching and not interested in spending money to ride tracks much. My love of riding is country roads with many good turns. Another individual like redkow and a few other track riders don't care because their wants and desires are of a different nature and they desire good track oriented bikes. Everyone is different and most riders aren't interested in the same thing. It's just like accepting the many races of people among us; learn to accept all different type of riders among you as well. It is dissappointing to see track riders busting high hp bikes and vice versa. Ride what you like and let others ride what they like. Don't worry about other people, worry about yourself. That's the best advice I can give you to keep yourself happy. ;)

Here's to you all! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I will say in race trim... I somewhat wet myself when I saw it...

kawasakiwsb2011.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

However, understand that the factory assisted teams will throw a TON of money at this thing to make it great. Even if another AMA team comes to the party. Kawasaki threw a SHIT pile at the chassis only to have the same issues...

At the club level, racers cannot afford to do such things and it will be the litmus test as to whether or not the newest chassis is up to par. This is something that has always plagued Kawasaki. Great motors, but handling is always at the bottom of the list... I really hope that they get it right after so many tries...

was it the new zx10 they were racing in WSBK this year, or the "old" one? Just curious cause near the end of the series, Sykes was riding the hell out of that thing, but it kept on eating tires like crazy and he couldnt keep the lead. the BMW sort of did the same thing a certain races, IIRC

was it the new zx10 they were racing in WSBK this year, or the "old" one? Just curious cause near the end of the series, Sykes was riding the hell out of that thing, but it kept on eating tires like crazy and he couldnt keep the lead. the BMW sort of did the same thing a certain races, IIRC

old one.

Another individual like redkow and a few other track riders don't care because their wants and desires are of a different nature and they desire good track oriented bikes. Everyone is different and most riders aren't interested in the same thing.

How did I get "called out" in a thread that I haven't posted in for weeks! :p

I take no issue whatsoever with how people want to ride, or what kind of riding they enjoy. Do what you love, and love what you do.

But here's what confuses me about people's taste in bikes (or cars, or guns, or whatever):

why would you buy a 190hp superbike with mirrors and lights just to casually ride down a country road?

I fully understand why that kind of riding is appealing to some; but they should be buying an FZ1 if that's the type of riding they like.

Buying a ZX10 for that kind of riding is like using a chain saw to trim a banzai tree. Or commuting to work in an F1 car. Or target shooting with a machine gun.

I don't understand purchasing more bike than you'll use. The occasional blast to 180mph that a ZX10 can provide on a back road isn't THAT much better than the blast to 160 the FZ1 would provide...

I don't understand purchasing more bike than you'll use. The occasional blast to 180mph that a ZX10 can provide on a back road isn't THAT much better than the blast to 160 the FZ1 would provide...

Its mainly due to our affluent society and the need for some to show-off the fact they can attain some of those toys. People rarely ever buy extactly what they need or utilize. Small penis syndrome of sorts. People like to flaunt things...I do it sometimes, we all do. Its human nature.

I take no issue whatsoever with how people want to ride, or what kind of riding they enjoy. Do what you love, and love what you do.

But here's what confuses me about people's taste in bikes (or cars, or guns, or whatever):

why would you buy a 190hp superbike with mirrors and lights just to casually ride down a country road?

I fully understand why that kind of riding is appealing to some; but they should be buying an FZ1 if that's the type of riding they like.

Buying a ZX10 for that kind of riding is like using a chain saw to trim a banzai tree. Or commuting to work in an F1 car. Or target shooting with a machine gun.

Redkow, I was just using what you like as an example, I wasn't calling anyone out man. ;)

Oh, I've swapped bikes with others I've ridden with before and on the roads I like to ride I've ridden the 08 zx10 and 09 CBR1000(this bike was amazing in the turns and the bike felt like it was 10 pounds, very easy bike to get retarded low in the corners) and they were torture racks and that's the reason I wouldn't want them. I love my bike and I never ride too casually, so I like big motors. I won't lie, a road with no vehicles in my way I turn into a crazed maniac, so I WANT, USE, and LOVE the power. I'll admit it, I got demons inside me that crave that stuff. :o

Edited by NinjaNick

• 2 weeks later...
Damn, that bike is going to give the big bores some trouble in acceleration. Put a lightweight/small man on that 10 and it will be a rocket! Luckily we have more torque though on the big machines to help.

Unless any of the roads are straight (and even that is a possible concern), these newer genration (even 08-current) 1000s are more than enough for the sport tourers...

Remember, stock to stock...

Now, you go and mod stuff, bikes like the 14 allow for more to be done as the base is better to build bigger, but these liter bikes in SS trim are all still 200 plus at the ground fully dependable and not even in SB trim...

Oh the liter bikes are insane nowadays Brian, so I'm not going to deny what you just posted. They've beefed them up tremendously over the years. I just hate how inexperienced riders are sooo attracted to them. I see it a good bit in Dayton.

Oh, I am with you... Even at these track days - too many guys with the "bigger has to be better" mentality...

What really gets me is when I get off the track and people come up to me telling me they wished they had a 1000 so they'd be faster... I offer them a chance to ride mine just to show them it ain't easy. In fact, a lot of guys on 600s can run faster times at most tracks anymore. But, unless they try it, they never know...

We need to do what Europe does and have CC limits and progress riders like they do over there...

Oh, I am with you... Even at these track days - too many guys with the "bigger has to be better" mentality...

What really gets me is when I get off the track and people come up to me telling me they wished they had a 1000 so they'd be faster... I offer them a chance to ride mine just to show them it ain't easy. In fact, a lot of guys on 600s can run faster times at most tracks anymore. But, unless they try it, they never know...

We need to do what Europe does and have CC limits and progress riders like they do over there...

Yeah, the time I was on Mid-Ohio on a 636, I can honestly say I wouldn't have been faster on a 1000 at all. I didn't need any more motor than my 636 provided. Some people, like you mentioned, never understand the concept.

The CC limits will probably never happen here. They should, but probably won't. I think the limit would be better if they factored in a cc to weight ratio as well factoring in the size of the rider. Example: 150lb rider starting on 250cc, and if you're 250+ 500cc. Meh, just an idea.