OR shooting meet

rawlins87

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be able to bring a .30-06. I don't like shooting it much though, too much kick without a butt pad.

Just for that, I'll bring my pad-less Mosin 91/30 and M44 carbine. 7.62x54R round is marginally bigger than a .30-06. If you happen to find your testicles I'll be happy to let you pop off a few rounds.

:)

Just for that, I'll bring my pad-less Mosin 91/30 and M44 carbine. 7.62x54R round is marginally bigger than a .30-06. If you happen to find your testicles I'll be happy to let you pop off a few rounds.

I didn't say I don't or wouldn't shoot it, just would rather not. So since you want to try to out do me, I'll have to bring out the M2. :D What now! :lol:

2rw21zo.jpg

I didn't say I don't or wouldn't shoot it, just would rather not. So since you want to try to out do me, I'll have to bring out the M2. :D What now! :lol:

Also it is not wise to anger Ivan the Terrible (M91/30) or Igor the Ill-Tempered (M44). I think with the size of the shell and some math I can hit your house from mine. ;)

How much bigger than a 300 win mag?

My 300 kicks like a 22. Thank you stock pad and muzzle break lol

300%20mags.jpg

Anyone have a 50BMG to shoot or a 204 ruger?

The AR50 has been tempting me to go along with the AR30.

Also been thinking about getting a decent varmit gun, but i hate having something that is common.

Buy a .260.. YOU WONT BE SORRY.

Of course you have to reload yourself if you get a .260.

a 6.5 Creedmoor is a a very very similar round to the .260 ballistically and Hornady makes factory ammo for it.

I got a 22-250. Hits paper plate at 698 yards measured by walk off. Remington 788, Utg 9-14" bipod, 6-24x40 scope. almost ready for glassbedding and custom 1-2 lb trigger. best gun I have ever had. Scope sees blades of grass at 100-200 yards. But if you are into getting what you pay for go with the .416 barret hits harder shoots faster and is more accurate then a .50. My next shells will be .338 lapau.

http://barrett.net/ammunition/416barrett

Edited by Sgt_Buell

I got a 22-250. Hits paper plate at 698 yards measured by walk off. Remington 788, Utg 9-14" bipod, 6-24x40 scope. almost ready for glassbedding and custom 1-2 lb trigger. best gun I have ever had. Scope sees blades of grass at 100-200 yards. But if you are into getting what you pay for go with the .416 barret hits harder shoots faster and is more accurate then a .50

http://barrett.net/ammunition/416barrett

I would recommend against a .50 and surely dont by a .416 because you will never get brass, bullets, or loaded rounds for it unless you pay out the ass. And I do mean out the ass.

If you want to go big, at least go with something accurate.

A 338 Lapua is great and you can buy factory match ammo for it.

50 has some match ammo but unless your shooting the 750amax your not getting much out of it

If you want something different, go with one of the below but be prepared to spend some coin.

30-338LM

338NM

375/408

Im actually in the process of determining my next build which will be a 30-338 either LM or NM or else a 338LM. Custom build of course.

I

Edited by flounder

If there is an M2 involved I am in. Name the place and time. If anyone wants to try a 375 Ruger let me know. The scope is not sighted in. The iron sights work. :grin:

If there is an M2 involved I am in. Name the place and time. If anyone wants to try a 375 Ruger let me know. The scope is not sighted in. The iron sights work. :grin:

:lol: Man I was just joking about the ma deuce. I wish I had one though. That picture was my M2 while in Iraq. But if someone else has one I am definitely in.

Its actually this weekend but I have too much work to do and cant make it out there

let me know when you are making another one i might take you up one popping off a few shots with yours if that offer still stands.

I think I'm going to hit the short course on Sunday. I might take a half day Wednesday and do the evening shoot as well.

im camping at the farm if you wanna come. just give me a call friday.

I wouldnt go to a gun shop with three quarters of you let alone shoot with you

:rolleyes:

I would recommend against a .50 and surely dont by a .416 because you will never get brass, bullets, or loaded rounds for it unless you pay out the ass. And I do mean out the ass.

If you want to go big, at least go with something accurate.

A 338 Lapua is great and you can buy factory match ammo for it.

50 has some match ammo but unless your shooting the 750amax your not getting much out of it

If you want something different, go with one of the below but be prepared to spend some coin.

30-338LM

338NM

375/408

Im actually in the process of determining my next build which will be a 30-338 either LM or NM or else a 338LM. Custom build of course.

I

not all of us have all your money :D

let me know when you are making another one i might take you up one popping off a few shots with yours if that offer still stands.

im camping at the farm if you wanna come. just give me a call friday.

:rolleyes:

not all of us have all your money :D

You get what you pay for and if he has money for a 50 or a 416, he could get a custom build just as easy and for similar cost. :)

Next time I head to my buddies place, Im going to tear mine apart and throw it on the lathe and:

Cut it to 21.75 inches

Re-thread it 5/8x24 instead of the 5/8x32 on there now

Blueprint the action/bolt.

If I have time, i may consider bushing the bolt as well.

You get what you pay for and if he has money for a 50 or a 416, he could get a custom build just as easy and for similar cost. :)

Next time I head to my buddies place, Im going to tear mine apart and throw it on the lathe and:

Cut it to 21.75 inches

Re-thread it 5/8x24 instead of the 5/8x32 on there now

Blueprint the action/bolt.

If I have time, i may consider bushing the bolt as well.

only you could turn a 1000 dollar gun into a 8000 dollar investment