Went to QS&L Bike Night in Colerain tonight...

Ziggy

As I was walking around checking out all the bikes, this guy on an R6 rides by, and the bike kinda caught my attention. I noticed it because he had race plastics on the bike, with a couple of headlamps strapped to the forks. I didn't think much of it until I spotted it parked, and decided to go look it over. When I got there, I noticed he had a paper taped to the tank. The paper was a printed for sale ad for the bike in which the owner freely states that the bike has been down a couple of times, plastics are zip-tied on and painted with a rattle can, and the bike could use a rear tire. So of course, I checked out the rear tire, and this is what I saw:

baldbiketire2.jpg

baldbiketire1.jpg

Now keep in mind, this dude rode the bike to QS&L, and clearly intended to ride home, and yes, those are the steel cords coming through the center of the (absent) tread. :nono:

Would that thing not ride like it was on marbles?

If the owner of this bike is on here, You Sir, are a dumbass.

Oh yeah, 17k miles, and $3500/obo...

Correction: The bike is actually an R1, and I found his ad on CL...

2005 YAMAHA R1 17,500 MILES - $3800 (PETERSBURG)

Date: 2010-06-18, 3:34PM EDT

Reply to: sale-5daje-1798909779@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale is my 2005 Yamaha R1 with a complete titanium exhaust and 17,500 miles. Bike has been down a couple times but it still has a clean title! It has a racing skin plastic set that is rattle canned black and zip tied on... It has mirrors and blinkers so it is street legal! Bike does need a new back tire! Asking $3800 OBO Give me a call or txt with any questions 859.445.9675

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3m33o43lb5Q55U65P3a6i1205f0854bed1d07.jpg3kf3od3ld5V05Y45Q5a6ibf04f7c5f70a16fb.jpg3me3pc3of5V55P15R2a6i62d21a533bd817c1.jpg3me3pf3o55V45W15U1a6id296b18a79b4182e.jpg

PostingID: 1798909779

Dude why is his tire cording down the MIDDLE if its a "track bike", you are on the middle for how long again? Get some good tires bro if good sir you are even considering riding this thing agian, ever. even down the driveway.

It's all the power he's putting down once he gets it stood up on the straights. The bike just has so much power that he can't keep the tire hooked up when he rolls on the throttle :roll:

:lol: