Inside an engine. Cool vid.

NinjaNick

I'm sorry but bmw is kind of a junk car.

every single one that anyone I know that had one always had electrical problems. and sensor that constantly failed.

we had a 2002 525i on our car lot with 120k miles on it and it smoked like a freight train (burned oil) and the check engine light was on for 4 different sensors. which by the way would cost over $100 each.

anyway these engines blow my mind how they work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BCgl2uumlI&feature=fvw

Edited by serpentracer

A LOT less moving parts in a Rotary motor.. really only 3 moving parts... compared with HUNDREDS in a traditional pushrod, so technically a lot less to fail.. BUT apex seals... ugh oh apex seals... and lets see typically poor fuel economy, low torque numbers and small displacement / positives.. can really hit high HP numbers with boost/ extremely lightweight/ maintianance isnt to bad if you dont mind keeps a quart of oil in your car.. lol.. in the end.. i loved my Rx-8.. i miss her greatly.. LOL

I'm sorry but bmw is kind of a junk car.

every single one that anyone I know that had one always had electrical problems. and sensor that constantly failed.

we had a 2002 525i on our car lot with 120k miles on it and it smoked like a freight train (burned oil) and the check engine light was on for 4 different sensors. which by the way would cost over $100 each.

all cars have sensors that fail................. heat and vibrations do that.. being bmw has nothing to do with it.... I ve had Japanese and german vehicles

A LOT less moving parts in a Rotary motor.. really only 3 moving parts... compared with HUNDREDS in a traditional pushrod, so technically a lot less to fail.. BUT apex seals... ugh oh apex seals... and lets see typically poor fuel economy, low torque numbers and small displacement / positives.. can really hit high HP numbers with boost/ extremely lightweight/ maintianance isnt to bad if you dont mind keeps a quart of oil in your car.. lol.. in the end.. i loved my Rx-8.. i miss her greatly.. LOL

1 more thing, they use lots of oil....and yea those apex seals are a bitch.....basically have to pull the motor

A LOT less moving parts in a Rotary motor.. really only 3 moving parts... compared with HUNDREDS in a traditional pushrod, so technically a lot less to fail.. BUT apex seals... ugh oh apex seals... and lets see typically poor fuel economy, low torque numbers and small displacement / positives.. can really hit high HP numbers with boost/ extremely lightweight/ maintianance isnt to bad if you dont mind keep a quart of oil in your car.. lol.. in the end.. i loved my Rx-8.. i miss her greatly.. LOL

hit that one Das :) but honestly they dont use NEAR the amount that the older Rx-7's use...