Gah, I want!

RSVDon

FOR SALE:

ROADRACE-PREPPED 2007 APRILIA SXV550

I’ve owned and ridden some pretty cool bikes over the years, but this one is BY FAR the most ridiculous, fun, sick, nasty bike I have ever ridden. Nothing else even comes close in the fun department. It’s nuts.

Because I don’t really have the time to part it out, I’m looking to sell it as a complete bike, at a bargain price. If it doesn’t sell, I may consider parting it out or keeping it.

Early in 2009, I upgraded it significantly with a bunch of modifications to make it a potent road race weapon, and raced it a few times in our lightweight twins class at Miller, managing to put it on the podium against SVs, Buells and others. Here’s a video showing how fun and competitive it can be (unfortunately, I tucked the front with just four turns to go while running in second place!):

. It was a pretty low-speed lowside, and it’s the only time it’s ever been down. It rashed up the pipe a bit, and scuffed up a handguard, which I replaced.

As you can see, the bike is really fun to ride on the track. Normal rules for sportbikes simply don’t apply. Take pretty much any line you want. Brake as late as you want (or just don’t brake). This bike weighs practically nothing, and the brakes are ridiculously good. Corner exit drive is unbelievable. You wouldn’t believe how many guys I’ve ridden with or raced with that come up to me after a session shaking their head, with a big grin on their face, saying they can’t believe what this bike can do.

Some photos of this gorgeous Italian beast:

SXV_0099b.jpg

SXV_0110b.jpg

SXV_0113b.jpg

SXV_0117b.jpg

SXV_0120b.jpg

SXV_0121b.jpg

SXV_0122b.jpg

SXV_0125b.jpg

SXV_0127b.jpg

4x.jpg

Here is a list of modifications to the bike:

• STM Slipper Clutch

• Akrapovic Exhaust System

• Marchesini Forged Aluminum Wheels (these cost nearly $2,000)

• Magura 195 Master Cylinder

• 44 Tooth Rear Sprocket

• Race-Tech Revalve and Respring of Forks (for 185 lb rider)

• Race-Tech Revalve and Respring of Shock (for 185 lb rider)

• Racing Mudguard

• Michelin Power One Tires

• Dynojet Power Commander with Custom Map from EDR Performance (see dyno results below)

• Aprilia Racing Kit (Front Number Plate, Ignition Key Bypass)

• Scott Steering Damper

• Footpeg Sliders

• Supermoto Engineering Axle Sliders

• ProTaper Handlebars

• Billet Oil Filter Cover

• Acerbis Handguards

• AF1 Performance Airbox Kit

• Custom Roadrace Belly Pan

These bikes are notorious for having had issues with water getting into the oil, and mine was no different. As a result, Aprilia replaced my motor back in early 2009, with the newer version that is sealed up differently and supposed to be less problematic. I’ve put around 30 hours on the motor since then, and it’s definitely due for a rebuild. The bike runs currently, but blows a good bit of smoke out of the exhaust. If I were keeping it, I would pull the motor out and send it to someone who really knows how to make these bikes as good as they can be, like AF1 in Texas, or Amauri at Aprilia of Long Beach (CA). This is a definitely a race bike, and can be very high-maintenance and frustrating at times, but as I said, by FAR the most fun bike ever when running right.

The most recent service on the motor was late last year, when I had the head gaskets and coolant sensor replaced, at MotoCorsa in Portland. I also had it dyno tuned at EDR Performance in Portland, and check out the numbers this little badboy produces:

dyno_sxv.jpg

I also just had the fork seals replaced last week.

I have most all of the street parts for the bike as well, including the wheels and OEM tires, exhaust system, lights, etc. Because the suspension has really been stiffened up for the track, and it no longer has the ignition key hooked up, I’m not sure it would make a great street bike at this point (although it could be converted back if you chose to).

So, what you’re getting here is a very badass roadrace-ready supermoto, with well over $5,000 in mods, that runs, smokes, and needs a motor rebuild which should make it good to go, and give you the same fun factor and amazing track performance that it’s given me. Or, you could buy it, part it out, and make some pretty good money.

Bike and Spare Parts (sport chock shown in photos not included) priced to sell at $4,350.00. Buyer to pick up or pay for all crating and shipping costs, as required. Bike is located in the Boise, Idaho area.

PM me with any questions. Don’t bother with any lowball offers or requests for parts. I’ll repost if I decide to part the thing out.

:wackit:

These bikes are notorious for having had issues with water getting into the oil, and mine was no different. As a result, Aprilia replaced my motor back in early 2009, with the newer version that is sealed up differently and supposed to be less problematic. I’ve put around 30 hours on the motor since then, and it’s definitely due for a rebuild. :wackit:

Really?

30 fucking hours and it needs rebuilt?

Fuck that.