New to the board

trowa

Hello I am new. I am the same trowa from CR. I haven't bought a bike yet but plan to next year after I take my safety rider class. They seem to be booked up all this year. I don't like waiting but I think it will be worth it. Kind of on the fence if I should start with a 250 or go to 500 or 650. I only like cruiser bikes. I really love the idea of a vtwin engine but that limits my choices. I am not sure if I should go with a carb or fuel injected engine either.

Hey bud, welcome to my side of hell.

Definitely don't go 250 or 500 in a cruiser. 650 would be the absolute smallest I'd look at if I were you. If you're looking for something cheap to learn on, look at older Honda CB's, Yamaha XJ's, etc. You can find one for dirt cheap. Then once you have the hang of things, get yourself a newer bike. Just my suggestion though.

Hey bud, welcome to my side of hell.

Definitely don't go 250 or 500 in a cruiser. 650 would be the absolute smallest I'd look at if I were you. If you're looking for something cheap to learn on, look at older Honda CB's, Yamaha XJ's, etc. You can find one for dirt cheap. Then once you have the hang of things, get yourself a newer bike. Just my suggestion though.

I am thinking a 500 or less in a cruiser I would get very bored with. I can only say I have drove an automatic moped before. I have never been on a motorcycle other then just sitting on a few at ASK.

I'm thinking something like this:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1794078122.html

Cheap. Slow. Great to learn on. My first street bike was an 81 Maxim 650.

Looks like a good deal. I don't feel comfortable getting a bike the same age as me though. I have no experience wrenching a bike. I wouldn't know how to fix it if it broke down :(

I would love a Yamaha vstar bike. Out of all the ones I sat on at dealers it felt the best. A honda shadow is probably a good 2nd choice.

I eventually would like to buy a royal enfield c5 military bike. There is something about the look of that bike that has my name on it. Would love to see one in person one day.