Brian Evans apology and comments...

Moto-Brian

Ok, not really a full on apology, but just a statement from my end. I got approached by Brian Evans today at Mid-Ohio concerning the comments I had in the suspension thread.

So, I am going to apologize and comment on some things and get this out and done with...

Well, the comments turned into a bit of a tussle and we got into the staff at Mid-Ohio. So, before people start saying shit that isn't true and start slinging comments that are ill informed and not correct, here are some comments.

First, Brian Evans... I guess I was wrong in what I understood from Rusty. Apparently, the guy has suspension background that is extensive and he has worked with a guy that is an ex-World Superbike mechanic. Don't know the guy, but anyways, that was mentioned. I was also told that Brian has a bunch of Ohlins tools and is charging $75 NOT to just set sag and adjust suspension.

The low down is that Brian is giving anyone that comes to him and pays $75, a complete rebuild and replace fluids, seals and will remove the forks and replace back on to the bike. He also charges a one time fee and you can go back and have him adjust whenever you need it.

The idea I had was that he was doing what trackside guys do and charge $50 for. Apparently, it is full service...

Now, here's where I stand. I guess I need to apologize as people got feelings hurt. That's cool. I will STILL suggest people to go to Reuben Frankenfield, Mike at Thermosman and Matt Carr. I'm not going to suggest Brian because I don't know what he is about and what his background is. But, if you are in Cols., he's your guy. He has 20 happy customers and seemingly the tools and help if need be from a WSBK guy and that seems to be a good deal. My suggestions for other guys isn't a slap to anyone's face. I'm not saying one is better, I'm not saying one sucks, I am simply suggesting people I know that do a great job and have the background I am sure about. It's like asking where is the best place to eat...

Brian stated that he has raced for over 10 years. I have never seen him at any races we have run in the last 16, but there have been a lot of faces. We also moved up through the ranks and many people get glossed over... So, saying he is a one year novice is apparently wrong and even though I have no real idea, I will take his word for it...

All I am going to say at this point is that Brian mentioned I was saying negative things towards the Mid-Ohio staff. I never did and never mentioned names. BUT, I will mention that Scotty Evans, Brett Woodard, Brett Bennett, Alan Pett, Steve Duteil, Eric (Monger), Brandon and a few others do a great job. Don't EVER say things that are total BS. Of that group, three I have known for a long time and they know I think highly of them. I'm not a personal fan of Alan's, but he is always following, leading, and talking with customers... I respect that he tries and thus, have to place in in with the good eggs.

I will defend the comment that Brian made and want to put out there that I did say some things about a few coaches and stand behind those comments. So, just to prevent a battle where because I am associated with STT, it has nothing to do with it. I am passionate about this stuff and even though some coaches say they are also, it seems somewhat baffling to see them leaving customers w/o help or providing improper help that is more harm than good. Only a few and not the majority...

In the end, choose whom you wish to work on your stuff. You feel good about a guy? Run with it.

I'm out. Gotta get back to Mid-Ohio for VMD and RRGC...

Just a quick note about another coach. Ryan Kerr also does some coaching up there. Ryan is a great kid. Is really showing improvement. In just one year (actually a lot less) he has shown he can listen, change and adapt to riding these bikes.

His dad and I once had a bit of a conflict and "meeting of the minds". In looking back and after really talking to his dad, he is passionate and VERY supportive of his son. From what I can tell, he is giving up a lot to give Ryan the support he needs to succeed. His dad and I talk at length now and I actually feel he is a great guy.

I think Ryan is a young new rider with potential and it has been an honor to have hopefully helped a bit with him along the way. If you want to see how to go around that track fast and on the proper line, he's one to follow. Personality is VERY positive and very upbeat and is a good egg.

Forgot to mention him last night. Wanted to make sure I got him in there...

Enough of this pussy talk. I'm out getting ready to see if I am allowed to race this weekend. I hate you all.;)

I never did and never mentioned names. BUT, I will mention that Scotty Evans, Brett Woodard, Brett Bennett, Alan Pett, Steve Duteil, Eric (Monger), Brandon and a few others do a great job. Don't EVER say things that are total BS. Of that group, three I have known for a long time and they know I think highly of them. I'm not a personal fan of Alan's, but he is always following, leading, and talking with customers... I respect that he tries and thus, have to place in in with the good eggs.

Brett Bennett, he did my tech inspection for my last track day. I'm not a fan of his customer service. Mid-Ohio's tech inspection is all over the place. My first day this year, I passed without issue. I had no safety wiring done at the time and just siliconed the oil drain plug and oil fill cap. They told me that they want my oil drain plug wired next time.

Next time I go, I didn't need an oil change nor did I feel like drilling the bolt while on the bike...I gambled...no wiring.

At the tech inspection, I'm like 2nd in line all day. Brett approached me and I thought I was going to get shat for no wiring on the drain plug. Brett, if my memory serves me correctly, didn't mention it...I said i was siliconed and he seemed fine with that. Then he said that I needed silicone on my coolant plug, oil dipstick, oil filter and that I needed my coolant cap wired. WTF?! Different story every time I go! He told me to go do the silicone, come back, find him and get reteched - no signature on my sticker :(

So, I do all the stuff he asked for and he's no where to be found. So I explain my story to another guy...he does the inspection and as he's signing Brett comes back over and drills me and retech's my bike. I already had the signature.

Anyway, I like that he was thorough...but that was the only thing I liked. Maybe it was just a little early for him...who knows.

Another thing on silicone...

I don't see how it's preventing any bolt from loosening. I bought some pre-drilled bolts and started safety wiring. The silicone didn't seem to add any resistance to the bolts and it just peeled off.

One more thing, Lizard is scared to go mtn biking with me.

Ok, not really a full on apology, but just a statement from my end. I got approached by Brian Evans today at Mid-Ohio concerning the comments I had in the suspension thread.

So, I am going to apologize and comment on some things and get this out and done with...

Well, the comments turned into a bit of a tussle and we got into the staff at Mid-Ohio. So, before people start saying shit that isn't true and start slinging comments that are ill informed and not correct, here are some comments.

First, Brian Evans... I guess I was wrong in what I understood from Rusty. Apparently, the guy has suspension background that is extensive and he has worked with a guy that is an ex-World Superbike mechanic. Don't know the guy, but anyways, that was mentioned. I was also told that Brian has a bunch of Ohlins tools and is charging $75 NOT to just set sag and adjust suspension.

The low down is that Brian is giving anyone that comes to him and pays $75, a complete rebuild and replace fluids, seals and will remove the forks and replace back on to the bike. He also charges a one time fee and you can go back and have him adjust whenever you need it.

The idea I had was that he was doing what trackside guys do and charge $50 for. Apparently, it is full service...

Now, here's where I stand. I guess I need to apologize as people got feelings hurt. That's cool. I will STILL suggest people to go to Reuben Frankenfield, Mike at Thermosman and Matt Carr. I'm not going to suggest Brian because I don't know what he is about and what his background is. But, if you are in Cols., he's your guy. He has 20 happy customers and seemingly the tools and help if need be from a WSBK guy and that seems to be a good deal. My suggestions for other guys isn't a slap to anyone's face. I'm not saying one is better, I'm not saying one sucks, I am simply suggesting people I know that do a great job and have the background I am sure about. It's like asking where is the best place to eat...

Brian stated that he has raced for over 10 years. I have never seen him at any races we have run in the last 16, but there have been a lot of faces. We also moved up through the ranks and many people get glossed over... So, saying he is a one year novice is apparently wrong and even though I have no real idea, I will take his word for it...

All I am going to say at this point is that Brian mentioned I was saying negative things towards the Mid-Ohio staff. I never did and never mentioned names. BUT, I will mention that Scotty Evans, Brett Woodard, Brett Bennett, Alan Pett, Steve Duteil, Eric (Monger), Brandon and a few others do a great job. Don't EVER say things that are total BS. Of that group, three I have known for a long time and they know I think highly of them. I'm not a personal fan of Alan's, but he is always following, leading, and talking with customers... I respect that he tries and thus, have to place in in with the good eggs.

I will defend the comment that Brian made and want to put out there that I did say some things about a few coaches and stand behind those comments. So, just to prevent a battle where because I am associated with STT, it has nothing to do with it. I am passionate about this stuff and even though some coaches say they are also, it seems somewhat baffling to see them leaving customers w/o help or providing improper help that is more harm than good. Only a few and not the majority...

In the end, choose whom you wish to work on your stuff. You feel good about a guy? Run with it.

I'm out. Gotta get back to Mid-Ohio for VMD and RRGC...

Just a quick note about another coach. Ryan Kerr also does some coaching up there. Ryan is a great kid. Is really showing improvement. In just one year (actually a lot less) he has shown he can listen, change and adapt to riding these bikes.

His dad and I once had a bit of a conflict and "meeting of the minds". In looking back and after really talking to his dad, he is passionate and VERY supportive of his son. From what I can tell, he is giving up a lot to give Ryan the support he needs to succeed. His dad and I talk at length now and I actually feel he is a great guy.

I think Ryan is a young new rider with potential and it has been an honor to have hopefully helped a bit with him along the way. If you want to see how to go around that track fast and on the proper line, he's one to follow. Personality is VERY positive and very upbeat and is a good egg.

Forgot to mention him last night. Wanted to make sure I got him in there...

Enough of this pussy talk. I'm out getting ready to see if I am allowed to race this weekend. I hate you all.;)

Who gave you a mangina?

Ok, not really a full on apology, but just a statement from my end.

This outta be interesting

Well, the comments turned into a bit of a tussle and we got into the staff at Mid-Ohio.

Who's "We"? Does this mean you got into it with another member, or the staff at MidOH? Is "tussle" codeword for someone givin' a "real world" bitchslap to your "online" asshole?

This outta be interesting

Who's "We"? Does this mean you got into it with another member, or the staff at MidOH? Is "tussle" codeword for someone givin' a "real world" bitchslap to your "online" asshole?

Nope, Brian and I talked. Trust me, he didn't bitch slap me at all...