Now im pissed..

tachman

for perspective... i had a friend who had a job and during her down time, they didn't pay her. It wasn't her surfing the net and getting paid, it was them saying, you're not working right now, so you're not charging the company for your time.

Sucks, but the people who are paying you own you during that time...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that a sigh of "ok ok, i see what you're saying"

or a sigh of "you gaiz just don't understand! it's not like I have anything to doooooooooo!!! waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh waaaaaaaaahhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaahmbulamps!!!!! i'm entitled to play on teh intrawebz while i'm getting paid to do a job that will soon go to india because those guys don't play on the intrawebz, do the same job, get paid a small fraction of what I do, and don't whine like a little bitch when you're asked to do the job they're paid for because they can be immediately be replaced by a guy with a graduate degree in CIS!!!!"

I'm guessing this thread didn't go the way the OP wanted. :violin:

But seriously, when they're paying you, you do what they say or get the fuck out.:rulez:

At least you have a job, lots of people aren't that lucky.

is that a sigh of "ok ok, i see what you're saying"

or a sigh of "you gaiz just don't understand! it's not like I have anything to doooooooooo!!! waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh waaaaaaaaahhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaahmbulamps!!!!! i'm entitled to play on teh intrawebz while i'm getting paid to do a job that will soon go to india because those guys don't play on the intrawebz, do the same job, get paid a small fraction of what I do, and don't whine like a little bitch when you're asked to do the job they're paid for because they can be immediately be replaced by a guy with a graduate degree in CIS!!!!"

namely the first one.

However, it is certainly amusing at how many armchair psychologists we have on this site, who can tell me exactly what I'm thinking. :D

What I discussed in the OP, is only about an 1/8th of recent gobblygook that has happened here, essentially, it sums up to undelivered promises on the employers part. Don't promise something you won't give.

Simply put' date=' if you don't like their rules... leave. You're being paid a wage. Even if that means sit on your ass and wait for your e-mail client, phone or door knocker to go berzerker!! (do you want to make some fuck?)

It sucks, but you're complaining about being paid to do nothing. I really think that is disrespectful to those that are without employment and would love nothing more than to [b']bust their ass for 8+ hours for a paycheck.

Don't forget those of us that would love to trade busting their ass for 8 hours a day to do nothing for 8 hours a day and get decent pay for it.

Hey Tachman, I'm posting this at work, right after I checked my personal email. Now I think I'll go check my Facebook.

:popcorn:

you mean you get paid to sit and talk to friends on facebook all day too? We totally need to be friends :p