Questions for guys that like chrome and britework.

mello dude

My cruiser is the other half of my riding style, number one bike is the VFR800. One to go fast, one to go slow... Anyhoo I am gradually polishing things on the bike and this go 'round since the rear tire is about shot and and the rear wheel has to come off, (its a shaftie and a PIA) -I thought I would detail some of the rear brake items. (I got the polish on the rear wheel covered.)

I am looking for suggestions on polish or chrome of the rotor and then brake plate, and maybe the caliper. I have seen simular done on custom bikes, so I am out for ideas.

Check my pics of the stocker stuff and then of the custom Valk. I dont want to go all out, just some brightening up that otherwise dull area.

What do you think? Btw - I get up to C'bus once a week.

rearrotor2.jpg

brakeplate.jpg

valkflamerearbrakerotor1.jpg

Edited by mello dude

PC it all black! :dunno:

Um, dont think so. :eek:

Mbe I should clarify. Looking for someone or shops that can take my rotor and brake parts, and chrome them or possible polish. I would like to brighten the rotor and brake plate as a minimum. (the rotor is a head scratcher :confused:)

(In the custom pics, all the brake parts are stock based)

Who can do it?

The center section of the rotor can be polished. I'm not sure about chromed as I am not sure on the chroming process. If you polished it you would want a clear of some sort on it. Not sure I would want to do either as it would be a PITA to keep clean. You'd probably be better off PCing the center section of the rotor. I thought about doing the same to mine. Good luck either way.

Ive used Reflective Chrome PC from Hot Point and it seems to look best on machined or polished surfaces. On a cast surface it kinda just looks like shiny silver. Also you need a clear PC over top or it will lose its luster pretty quick.

Edited by 20thGix
lose not loose