could this be a thermostat issue please help?!?!?

GSX-R

So i layed down my 2007 GSXR 750 on its left side. i had to replace the water pump and a few other minor parts. I have everything back together and I cant seem to get my engine temperature down. I believe i did the right steps for flushing and refilling the coolant (but i could be wrong). Ive bled all the air out via the bleeder screw on the water pump. Bike only has 2800 miles on it. There is anti-freeze in all of the coolant tubes so maybe its cycling??? I think my thermostat might be stuck closed causing the anti-freeze not to get cooled down which would then causing my engine to over heat. My radiator cap is not cracked or loose. Could this be due to a faulty thermo? and if the thermostat turns out to be good what else could the issue be??? Also side question: if the long screw that hold the gas tank on the bike is stripped, what tool do i need to get it off???

I'd say you probably still have air in the system. Open the rad cap and run the bike up to around 190 deg and then add coolant and put cap on fast. After it cools back down to room/air temp fire it back up and check ur temps. As for the seat bolt u can prob fit a saw blade between the tank mount and subframe mount and cut the end of the bolt and remove it that way.

So i layed down my 2007 GSXR 750 on its left side. i had to replace the water pump and a few other minor parts. I have everything back together and I cant seem to get my engine temperature down. I believe i did the right steps for flushing and refilling the coolant (but i could be wrong). Ive bled all the air out via the bleeder screw on the water pump. Bike only has 2800 miles on it. There is anti-freeze in all of the coolant tubes so maybe its cycling??? I think my thermostat might be stuck closed causing the anti-freeze not to get cooled down which would then causing my engine to over heat. My radiator cap is not cracked or loose. Could this be due to a faulty thermo? and if the thermostat turns out to be good what else could the issue be??? Also side question: if the long screw that hold the gas tank on the bike is stripped, what tool do i need to get it off???

Did you use car antifreeze ? hope not need to take look at water pump fins

Is this the same guy that wanted his case welded?

Take the thermostat out and put it in boiling water. Listen for the "pop"' date=' but don't get all jumpy and touch the damn thing. Other than that... I recommend Iron Pony. SRSLY..[/quote']

Its the same fucking guy.

Seriously.

He should really be posting at gixxer.com. His people are all there.

Could the lack of cooling be due to not repairing the crack or repairing it wrong? I know you're going to try to unload this thing if you can ever get it presentable. I'm glad I'm not in the market for one. Consult with a mechanic. Actually in person.

I crack up when I think about the poor slob that ends up with this.