need some help...loss of power..

drumbtzz

well...I'm open today after 5pm and this weekend might be tough. Have plans to be at the races on Sun. and trying to work out if I'll be going on Sat. Next week is pretty much open after 5pm except for Mon.

And I'm all for a cook out! Make the call.

i can be free tonight, anytime sunday, or wed-fri after 5, or next sat/sun, let me see if brian is free tonight for his garage...

also im gonna need to know what tools im gonna need to bring, i have all the wrenches/sockets etc at home but any air tools like impacts and ratchets ill need to grab from work before i leave at 4 if we do it this weekend

i can be free tonight, anytime sunday, or wed-fri after 5, or next sat/sun, let me see if brian is free tonight for his garage...

also im gonna need to know what tools im gonna need to bring, i have all the wrenches/sockets etc at home but any air tools like impacts and ratchets ill need to grab from work before i leave at 4 if we do it this weekend

i can be free tonight too and pretty much all day tomorrow unless some lake plans come up. Sunday I am out for sure as well

tonight it is then!

crusher ill pm u my number so i can get with you about what tools ill need to bring...

brian it cool to bbq there? i can grab a couple burgers and beers but if ur gonna have a lot ppl should bring some stuff themselves..u wanta post ur address too?

tonight it is then!

crusher ill pm u my number so i can get with you about what tools ill need to bring...

brian it cool to bbq there? i can grab a couple burgers and beers but if ur gonna have a lot ppl should bring some stuff themselves..u wanta post ur address too?

hell yea we can fire up the grill, I know I have a case of miller lite already in the fridge too

I'll pm my address to anyone who wants to join. Might actually do an install on the VFR if I feel like it

Miller Lite works for me...Drum will cover you for what I drink. :D

Just point me to the bike and watch the hell out! I'll try to find some torque spec's also.

Who else is joining!?!?

hell yea ill cover you, ill be there about 530, i get home at 430 and gotta go get the food and beer

Edited by drumbtzz

Verdict.....

.....clutch fibers and steels are shot. Whomever had that bike before drum really did a number on the clutch. Second fiber in was had one side completely gone. A lot of steels were severely burned, it pretty much needs a complete clutch/steel replacement with only 8000 miles on the bike no less. I'd swear the retard that owned that bike before must have had a really hard time clutching it up to whooly it. :nono:

I have pretty much made up my mind that State 8 will never ever get my or my friends business. I feel really bad for drum because ANYONE with a little bike knowledge could have save him a lot of trouble. I quickly realized that his bike had been laid down on the right side for a long slide. It really pissed me off that they had the nerve to sell that bike to anyone, period. Bottom of the fork leg was ground, peg, brake pedal, and clutch cover were all ground down a good bit. Someone was already into the clutch as it had been siliconed. I'm just appalled that they sold that to anyone without at least fixing what was reasonable.

State 8... :slap:

I was nice to meet some other guys as well and get some food and beer. :D

Edited by r1crusher

oh dont feel bad for me...i got it for a great price regardless of the cost it's going to be to fix this problem, plus i know now how to do a little more then rewire some lights and mess with the exhaust hangers lol :) thanks again kev and brian, A+ for the night

ok now somebody else break there bike so we can get together..

nothing like cook outs and working on bikes !!!

glade you found the problem and when its all said and done free bike wash at my place..lol

dude im in!!! lol everyone knows im lacking in this department as well