New !

Osiris-016

Hey there,

New here, feels great to be a part of the community.

I recently bought a 1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250-F that wasn't running and fixed it up nicely after sitting for years. Bike runs great and I just got my temp license 2 weeks ago.

Welcome to the site! Congrats on your first bike. Go take the MSF course and be safe!

I've heard a lot of people talking about the MSF course and wanted to know a bit more about it.

How much does it cost and what does it actually do for you? I used to ride dirt bikes for a couple of years and the 250 isn't much more powerful than that so handling the bike isn't a problem for me.

I've heard a lot of people talking about the MSF course and wanted to know a bit more about it.

How much does it cost and what does it actually do for you? I used to ride dirt bikes for a couple of years and the 250 isn't much more powerful than that so handling the bike isn't a problem for me.

It's how to ride safely and defensively. Fundamentals. It costs $25 and will passing the class will waiver the BMV on bike test. You will get a certificate from the MSF, take that to the BMV and they issue your endorsement.

http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/brc.htm

Classroom topics include:

Introduction to motorcycling

Preparing to ride

Street strategies

Practice riding sessions include:

Motorcycle familiarization

Using the friction zone

Starting & stopping drill

Shifting & stopping

Adjusting speed & turning

Control-skills practice

Cornering

Matching gears to speed

Stopping quickly

Limited-space maneuvers

Pressing to initiate lean

Cornering judgment

Negotiating curves

Stopping quickly in a curve

Obstacles & lane changes

Avoiding hazards

Skills practice

Skill evaluation

If you have a year and/or 1000 miles of previous motorcycle experience, you can skip the first course and jump into the second class of the three offered. It's probably better if you've already been riding for a number of years. The second class also uses their motorcycles. The third class uses your own. It's an option, you decide.

Welcome to the site

do the MSF , I had been riding for 20 years before I took one , you will be suprised what all you can pickup , and how much you are doing wrong !!