#2 Party School - Ohio University! - Congrats?!

DGTL GRL

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/08/03/if-you-want-a-party-school-ou-ranks-no-2.html?sid=101

The Princeton Review survey named the nation's top party schools based on a survey of 122,000 students:

• 1. University of Georgia
  • :bow:2. Ohio University:cheers:
  • 3. Penn State University
  • 4. West Virginia University
  • 5. University of Mississippi
  • 6. University of Texas
  • 7. University of Florida
  • 8. University of California-Santa Barbara
  • 9. University of Iowa
  • 10. DePauw University

OTHER OU RANKINGS

• 1. Lots of beer
  • 7. Lots of hard liquor
  • 17. Great financial aid
  • 19. Students study the least
  • 20. Major fraternity/sorority scene

OTHER SCHOOLS

• Ohio State University: Best athletic facilities, No. 8; jock schools: No. 17
  • Ohio Wesleyan University: Lots of race/class interaction, No. 17

Note: Denison University students were surveyed, but the school did not make a top 20 list

Source: Princeton Review

Edited by DGTL GRL

damn the man is keeping them down and by that I mean the administration trying to curb being known as a party school by cracking down on a lot of debauchery. I partied there often but I still think they are overrated

i really don't think its all that great, i've been there a few times and i don't know what all the fuss is about.

+1, but i've only been there once... i was bored with the bar, but i was with good company.

Playboy puts out similar rankings for "top beer-drinking school." In 2003(?) they had a note saying that "The University of Dayton has asked to be removed from our annual rankings. We've obliged, but only because we believe it's become unfair to allow professionals in an amateur competition."

UD still ranked in the top 5 for "best places to have sex on a college campus: Woodland Cemetery."

^meh. just a closed street with bar hopping. thats just one day (night) out of a whole year, is that really what sets it at #2? then college parties are truly lacking.

Pretty much spring quarter overall is an big drinking fest also. They have a different fest every weekend.

I posted this on Facebook already...but who in the hell made Princeton Review a credible source for party school information. Id want to hear it from Rolling Stone, Maxim, BPM, MixMag, Playboy, Hustler, Penthouse, etc.

Its the fucking princeton review.