glock 29 vs glock 30 - and other CC ?s

Steve Butters

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, if you carry every day, its a HUGE difference.

have you ever carried anything bigger to compare? (on a semi-normal basis)

im not totally opposed to a wheelgun, but im about 90% sure i wont be buying one....just not my thing, plus im not 50

and youre right, the 38 i had was kinda bulky for what it was, but it didnt seem to bother me too much

i really liked the feel of the walther though over the 38 i had...just didnt feel safe with that gun (the walther)

show me your 38 next time im over shawn!

Edited by Steve Butters

only old people use wheel guns, us gangsters like 17 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. Sometimes you just need 18 rnds to get your point understood.

it should only take one shot to get your point across....

I've noticed a large number of CC in TX using .45. The ammo around here seems to be cheaper for the .45 than 9mm. My guess would be due to the larger demand/supply keeping the .45 ammo price down.

But I agree with these guys, hit a range, try out a whole bunch of different ones, and go with what feels right.

You wouldn't buy a bike without taking it for a test ride, would you?

If you decide to practice with the .40 and want some ammo, let me know. I have 150 rounds, but I sold my XD.40 two years ago. I'll sell it cheap or trade for .38, .45, .380, or 9mm. $25. 50 are blazer brass and 100 are cabela's factory reloads. All reliable and stored in a climate-controlled safe.

Offer open to anyone else local to central Ohio. Just cleaning up a bit and eliminating the temptation to buy another .40 just because I have ammo. I had no issues with the XD, I just really love the triggers on my Sigs and needed some cash for a p229.

Edited by C-bus

If you decide to practice with the .40 and want some ammo, let me know. I have 150 rounds, but I sold my XD.40 two years ago. I'll sell it cheap or trade for .38, .45, .380, or 9mm. $25. 50 are blazer brass and 100 are cabela's factory reloads. All reliable and stored in a climate-controlled safe.
Offer open to anyone else local to central Ohio. Just cleaning up a bit and eliminating the temptation to buy another .40 just because I have ammo. I had no issues with the XD, I just really love the triggers on my Sigs and needed some cash for a p229.

SOLD, I'll pick it up tomorrow. PM comming

C-bus...i get $5 commission on that sale right since i started the thread that lead to said sale?

sweet, ill PM you address so you can drop that $5 in the mail! :D

Kind of jacked this thread, didn't I? Send me the PM, I'll mail you the five bones. Could I at least get a :lbts:?

Kind of jacked this thread, didn't I? Send me the PM, I'll mail you the five bones. Could I at least get a :lbts:?

haha i was JK about the 5!!

hell if youre serious though, just sell it to todd for $20 instead of $25 lol i owe him $15 anyways :p

oh, and i woulda said LBTSGLWS, but i didnt wanna point out the obvious and be that guy

cant go wrong with either glock or springfield xd. i own both. i carry glock everyday full size 17 though. the glock sub compacts are a bit more bulky than the xd subcompact. as far as 9mm 10mm or 45. id go for the 9. much cheaper to practice and contrary to belief it does had enough stopping power for most situations.

have you ever carried anything bigger to compare? (on a semi-normal basis)

Yes, it sucked.

im not totally opposed to a wheelgun, but im about 90% sure i wont be buying one....just not my thing, plus im not 50

:nono: It has nothing to do with age and everything to do with safety, accuracy and consistency. this gun goes boom every time. Cant always say the same for a slide gun that is full of pocket lint.

and youre right, the 38 i had was kinda bulky for what it was, but it didnt seem to bother me too much

i really liked the feel of the walther though over the 38 i had...just didnt feel safe with that gun (the walther)

and why is that?

show me your 38 next time im over shawn!

Screw having to reload with a speed clip Shawn. I'll stick with the magazine.

If you need to reload to stop the threat, you're doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

why is what shawn? that i liked the feel better? idk i just liked how that particular gun felt in my hand over the 38 i had...or why did i not feel safe with the walther? it jammed on us once while shooting it

Exactly my point. A wheelgun never jams. Thats why I trust it for personal protection over a fancy, young mans semi. :rolleyes:

thats why i want to get something new and not used, and something reliable that will take care of me if i take care of it

i dont know the history on that walther

Most new firearms should fire 50 to 200 rounds to break in and prove that reliability. Some don't need it, many do.

I just bought a Beretta PX4 sub-compact in 9mm. Great eye candy and reliable as the day is long. You can never have too much ammunition and these days semi-auto's are as reliable as revolvers. Try the glock 33, otherwise known as the "pocket-rocket". It will conceal fairly well and you have a very accurate round, the .357sig.