glock 29 vs glock 30 - and other CC ?s

Steve Butters

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly my point. A wheelgun never jams. Thats why I trust it for personal protection over a fancy, young mans semi. :rolleyes:

NO firearm is immune from failure. Wheelguns can malfunction, and do. That's an utter fallacy to claim that a wheelgun goes bang every time.

And, it's also a fallacy that a gun fight will start and stop within the 6 rounds you have in that cylinder. Trained, disciplined shooters have emptied magazines and found themselves still in the fight. Moreover, multiple threats can create a moving firefight that will quickly deplete a small wheelgun. Few gun fight survivors have ever lived to say "Wow, I had too much ammunition".

If you haven't done any motion drills with a running-man? I heartily encourage you to try it...because chances are extremely good both you and your adversary will be moving when a gun fight happens. You won't see your sights, your fine motor skills will turn to shit, and everything will blur. Can you hit your target like that? Everyone thinks they can, but even on a range it's fucking hard...and the cardboard guy isn't shooting back at you.

There are benefits to a wheelgun, and drawbacks. There are times when it's not the best tool in the box too.

NO firearm is immune from failure. Wheelguns can malfunction, and do. That's an utter fallacy to claim that a wheelgun goes bang every time.

And, it's also a fallacy that a gun fight will start and stop within the 6 rounds you have in that cylinder. Trained, disciplined shooters have emptied magazines and found themselves still in the fight. Moreover, multiple threats can create a moving firefight that will quickly deplete a small wheelgun. Few gun fight survivors have ever lived to say "Wow, I had too much ammunition".

If you haven't done any motion drills with a running-man? I heartily encourage you to try it...because chances are extremely good both you and your adversary will be moving when a gun fight happens. You won't see your sights, your fine motor skills will turn to shit, and everything will blur. Can you hit your target like that? Everyone thinks they can, but even on a range it's fucking hard...and the cardboard guy isn't shooting back at you.

There are benefits to a wheelgun, and drawbacks. There are times when it's not the best tool in the box too.

You're right. I'll start carrying a fucking arsenal around with me. :rolleyes:

I'm not planning on chasing someone down trying to shoot them, only carrying to ward off immediate threats, so I will stick with what works. S&W, everytime. kthanx.

Edited by max power

Well, there is this concept known as stockpiling ammunition so I'm not too worried about finding any ammunition for any of my firearms. I'm not too worried about society collapsing anytime soon either. The recession is over:p