12 dollar helmet cam

El capitan

Nice! I'm about to do the same... If it doesnt work then I can use it as a wecam at work...LOL!

watch the videos in that thread. it looks pretty good. sound is apparently a bitch because of the wind noise.

I think I might get the "New Vehicle overwrite Camcorder DV DVR spy car camera" one that the same people are selling. It is 23.90 and can use up to a 16gb card, supposed to be good for all weather, and comes with a suction mount.

• 1 month later...

Okay, did anyone follow through on this? I did. Bought two cams, and two fisheye lenses. Neither of the cameras work. Seller issued a refund for both (though I still lost about $12 for shipping). Pretty disappointed. Won't fully charge (according to the very interesting instructions), or do anything. Maybe I'm missing something.

Jeff

I got two of the MD80 cameras and simply use a piece of velcro to hold it inside my helmet. *If you attach any cheap camera to the bike itself the vibration will make the video unusable* (A more expensive camera will have digital stabilization to make up for most of that)

Here's a quick clip from my inside-the-helmet MD80:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LEmwhgTWiY

Okay, did anyone follow through on this? I did. Bought two cams, and two fisheye lenses. Neither of the cameras work. Seller issued a refund for both (though I still lost about $12 for shipping). Pretty disappointed. Won't fully charge (according to the very interesting instructions), or do anything. Maybe I'm missing something.

Jeff

mine would record for like 2 secs, then die. i tried multiple usb cables too... that site that has all of the crazy info on those cameras had a list of sellers who sold good product. maybe i should have checked that.