Breaking into a Garage

max power

That reminds me - you need to come out and put motion in the garage, and replace my Brinks monitoring with yours.

So, I assume there's a delay on the garage alarm, like there is on the entry door, and/or can it be set up to disarm when the opener receives the "open sesame" signal, otherwise stay armed and go nuts when motion is detected?

Yup, easier than a car door.

:cry: they still managed to get into my truck while it was parked on the street out side of my house. Pretty sure they tried to steal the truck itself because the ignition switch had all the plastic torn out around it. The managed to get my digital camera which had the only pictures of my half sister and I together in 8 years. I hope those dicks rot in hell .

That reminds me - you need to come out and put motion in the garage, and replace my Brinks monitoring with yours.

So, I assume there's a delay on the garage alarm, like there is on the entry door, and/or can it be set up to disarm when the opener receives the "open sesame" signal, otherwise stay armed and go nuts when motion is detected?

I set them up on a delay. To replace your Brinks monitoring with mine will require new equipment. Their panels are locked and the dialer numbers are usually not changeable. Only have to replace the panel and keypad however. If you are interested, call me.

:cry: they still managed to get into my truck while it was parked on the street out side of my house. Pretty sure they tried to steal the truck itself because the ignition switch had all the plastic torn out around it. The managed to get my digital camera which had the only pictures of my half sister and I together in 8 years. I hope those dicks rot in hell .

the pics sound kinky....too bad they stole it :(

I set them up on a delay. To replace your Brinks monitoring with mine will require new equipment. Their panels are locked and the dialer numbers are usually not changeable. Only have to replace the panel and keypad however. If you are interested, call me.

Just paid this quarter. Calling you in mid-September.

Wow, looks like a big boost in business for you, Max.

Not really trying to drum up business, day job is keeping me busy as hell. Just trying to make sure my fellow riders know how vulnerable their garage doors are. Even with no windows, this could be done pretty easy.

looks like I need to do a little modification to that release lever

Ditto! Hey thanks for showing this. I'm taking a piece of 1/8 steel strap from Lowe's, drill a couple holes, bolt one end to the strap and the other to the steel arm that hooks to the door. No way a coat hanger will get that..:eek:

Ditto! Hey thanks for showing this. I'm taking a piece of 1/8 steel strap from Lowe's, drill a couple holes, bolt one end to the strap and the other to the steel arm that hooks to the door. No way a coat hanger will get that..:eek:

Probably not a bad idea, but could be a potential fire hazard and a pain to get vehicles in or out during a power outage.