TONIGHT - national trails

Steve Butters

$15 to race

$10 to spectate

5-whatever (i forget)

ill be there around 4 to tech in and stuff

should be a great turn out - and im pumped to see marks vette run on the new setup...even if its only 8psi tonight!! (atomicfusion)

ill be out trying to figure out how to launch my bike without pulling a damn wheelie and bogging :(

come say hi

shawn says 3500 rpm and let it go

i do alright launching when its just playin around at a light, but when it comes time to actually race, i always end up dumping the clutch instead of slipping and then it just pulls the front up...gonna not pay attention to RT tonight, gonna just leave the line when im ready and forget about whoever is next to me (if anybody, not sure on the bike turnout tonight)....thats my problem, is i get anxious because of the guy next to me...when im lined up by myself i do alright lol

So do I really need a tether kill switch over 120 there? That is the rumor that keeps me away. I also prefer to wear jeans at the dragstrip. Lemme know what you see.

over 120 or faster than 10.99 you need full leathers and a kill switch

slower and you can wear jeans with a normal kill switch - like i did tonight

left early, had something come up

made 2 passes - i need a LOT of practice, 2.0 60's were not kind to me tonight

cant wait till the next CR rental

over 120 or faster than 10.99 you need full leathers and a kill switch

slower and you can wear jeans with a normal kill switch - like i did tonight

left early, had something come up

made 2 passes - i need a LOT of practice, 2.0 60's were not kind to me tonight

cant wait till the next CR rental

Do you know the next time you are heading to the Trails..... I want to bring out the 10..... MMMMM speed

next cr track day - its not like the others though sadly, so i wont be attending

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81743

youre on CR right? if not ill copy paste that info

there will be one more at the end of the year at D42, no date announced yet though-- late october is expected time....d42 is just too expensive for me to run lol, less cars = higher entrance fee

Weren't you running high 15s like 15.8?

umm no?

i ran a 12.3 but my 60' was horrid because i fucked up my launch real bad like i had guessed i would do, and i didnt pay close enough attention and overrevved a few gears - shifted a bit later than i shoulda

second pass was a high 13 but i missed third gear, fucked up my launch again that pass so it wouldnt have been much better lol

if i coulda got a semi decent 60' 11.50s would have been attainable for sure...if the bike hasnt sold by the next CR track day, im gonna run it some more and see how fast i can get it goin....that was my first time ever running a bike down the strip, just need some practice...all in all i wasnt too disappointed for my first time at the track on a bike

i work early in the am so i didnt stay around to compete, so only ran the few test passes - then marks car broke on the trailer, which was the only car i really wanted to see run, so i took off kinda early, like 7ish...maybe you saw someone elses bike running 15s

Edited by Steve Butters