New car... for me... :D

curby

So i've been on vacation the last week. Aug 12th was my birthday and i've been trying to sell my 05 GMC Envoy. I hate that fucking thing. it's a gas hog and i hate SUV's. anyways, a nice couple called me on the 12th about my truck. they came and looked at it and said they'd get a loan and pick it up the next day... right, heard that one before... Ok, i got car shopping to do.

so i start searching craigslist, i've been searching for that last few months and i kept running into this ad and just hoping it was in my price range. but it wasn't he was asking $13,000 but my max was $10,000. He kept going down but not that low.

So as i was looking in akron/canton CL i found nothing. So i move to Cleve CL and it pops up again... no price... so i txt the guy... he says 11,500 is his lowest. I try to talk the wife into it, she says FU... damn. i thank him and tell him LBTS, GLWS.

So the couple buying my Envoy call me around 10am the next day and say they got denied at their bank and are going to another bank or will mortgage her house to get it so now i really need to find a car. They call me back at 2pm and want the car at 5pm. great. Then out of nowhere, i get a txt at 3:30 asking me whats my wifes price range... i'm who is this? It's the guy with the car i want. i tell 10's my highest. he said he take 10... car found. I've got all kinds of shit going on that weekend so i have no idea how i'm going to do all this but i will get it done. my wife talks to the guy... he cons her into bring the car down to us at 7:30... So the couple comes down to buy the envoy at 5:00, make a mad dash to the BMV by 5:30 and i'm processing a loan as i'm closing another one.

Then at 7:30 i pick up my new ride at Baby's R Us. and all is good. I love the car. i had a check for it before i even saw it. A friend of mine knew the guy who had it so i knew it was good.

39782_1370065012760_1265777164_30866785_1166983_n.jpg

Curby car looks clean, Put a blower on it an your good to go

Already in the works. :)

It's a 2002 GT with 44K miles. Roush front bumber cover, cobra sides and rear and rear spoiler, Mach 1 c-pillars, Black leather interior. 6 spd t-56 Cobra Tranny, 4.10 gears, and more. i'd have to look at the parts list to be sure of what all is done to it.. Lots of suspension work. Clean and pampered car. Guys wife was 8 months prego... he was pretty depressed when he handed over the title.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8325

attachment.php?attachmentid=8326

a really good friend of mine is a mustang genius... anyone in the mustang scene knows Sam Poon. If Sam approves and says i got a good buy, i believe him. lol

and the MagnaFlows sound magnificent!

i've been told the H-pipe that is on it is good. i was tempted to get a magnaflow xpipe since its free but i was told not to touch it. and i listen to his advise.

Sam Poon is a very funny Chinese man.

i've been trying to sell my 05 GMC Envoy. I hate that fucking thing. it's a gas hog and i hate SUV's.

So you hated that your Envoy got 16/20mpg, and your solution was to buy a Mustang GT that's going to get 16/23 if you're lucky?

and a blower is in the works? I doubt that will help.

Don't get me wrong; I love the car, but you're going to end up with roughly the same gas mileage and shitty winter handling. It'll be in a far sexier package - no argument there - but isn't that why most of us own bikes?

So you hated that your Envoy got 16/20mpg, and your solution was to buy a Mustang GT that's going to get 16/23 if you're lucky?

and a blower is in the works? I doubt that will help.

Don't get me wrong; I love the car, but you're going to end up with roughly the same gas mileage and shitty winter handling. It'll be in a far sexier package - no argument there - but isn't that why most of us own bikes?

you are correct. same gas mileage but like you said, sexier package. i saved $100 a month on payment and insurance raised $9 a month.

in the process of finding a winter car. i've been a car guy for a long time and this is home to me.

that is all.

thanks for all the complaints... IMO i made the best decision... EVER! :)

Thats Juniors old car, pretty pricey for a car with 4:10s and a 6 speed with some body mods

*EDIT*

Dont put a blower on it unless you have or plan on building the bottom end soon. Also the heads only have three threads holding the spark plugs in....

Edited by schmuckingham