trackday transport (trailer, truck, van, hotel?)

redkow97

Spent a few dollars but totally worth it. We went with an old motor home and a 7 x16 trailer. If did it again would have gone cheaper on the trailer and up graded the camper. Wife now goes every track day and the comfort well worth it.

Hey, at least he's reading and contributing rather than starting a new thread for an old topic.

Update on where I'm at a year later:

I'm still rocking the 4x8 open trailer, but have been sleeping in the back of the SUV instead of setting up a tent. A "double" air mattress fits perfectly with the rear and front passenger seats folded flat. The seats create a slight incline that is surprisingly annoying... The easy remedy is to park with the front wheels slightly down hill, but I also bring jack-stands and my trailer jack to lift the back of the car if its that flat.

Still Better than tent camping. Wife has no interest in spending the night at the track, but will come for day trips. The dogs love sleeping in the car. I haven't tried it in summer heat yet, but if its warm and dry, those are the times I really don't mind tenting it.