anyone associated with medical billing look here!

kawi kid

This doesn't sound like an insurance issue. The hospital failed to pre-cert so they get half. I would look up your coverage. If it states that PT is covered at 100%, you should not pay. Bring your coverage summary to the hospital. They'll write it off.

I sounds like the hospital messed up on their end. Do you need a pre-cert for the therapy? What kind of insurance do you have? Do you have a PPO plan? In my experience you would need to file a reveiw with the hospital and have them rebill for the therapy. If your insurance says you are covered 100% then you should not pay the bill. Of course they can always try to tell you that your therapy is out of network with your plan and then you would have to pay whatever the insurance does not cover. I would go to the hospital and talk with the billing office, make sure you take a copy of your EOB from the insurance and have them write off the balance. Trust me they are getting paid enough already.

make 5.00 payments every month... shows your making an attempt. no negative credit reporting

those don't matter a whole lot anymore.

when my friend bought his house 3 years ago they said those are pretty much ignored now because a hospital will send you to collections in 30 days if you don't pay the whole balance off.

Hell, I had 100% coverage insurance and they sent me to a collections agency. I had to refer them to my insurance company. 2 months of phone tag and collector harassment and it was all being handled by my insurance company. there was no reason to even be calling me.

hospitals are quick to rid themselves of you and your bills. they are not banks.

Edited by serpentracer

In my experience if insurance companies send their payments to hospitals or providers electronically they are usually missed and not posted, so then the bill goes to the patient because the hospital or provider never received the information needed to balance the account.

It was a knee surgery I had in jan of 09. The disputed stuff all surrounds my physical therapy. The hospital never pre certified it with the insurance company so yea the hospital essentially dropped the ball and is trying to pin it on me.

Is this when you fell on the heater (or some heavy metal object) at work?

Well thanks for all the advice everyone i just got off the phone wih the hospital and i now have a zero balance with them regaurding my physical therapy. Funny thing was the lady that called me pretty much told me i was right but stopped just short of saying they screwed up. thanks again for all the help!