Free Motorcycle Classes

ReconRat

But it's in Illinois!

Listen up Ohio, how about free motorcycle classes for Ohio riders. At least for the first time riders under 25 or something. Sounds like a good idea to me.

http://www.bnd.com/2010/09/05/1388912/state-officials-to-offer-free.html

Sunday, Sep. 05, 2010

State officials to offer free motorcycle classes

The Associated Press

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- Illinois officials say they're offering free motorcycle riding courses.

The idea is for novice and intermediate riders to learn how to ride safely.

The Illinois Department of Transportation says the weekend courses for beginners will be offered in seven locations, including Pontiac, Galesburg, LaSalle and East Peoria.

The classes include hands-on instruction experience and a textbook. Helmets will be provided.

Any Illinois resident who's at least 16 years old and has a valid license is eligible. The courses start this month and go through October.

An intermediate course will also be offered in select locations.

Edited by ReconRat

Just go to MSF and do Motorcycle Ohio at the BMV. Its only $25 I did mine last weekend plus wouldn't getting a motorcycle license in IL be a bit hard to transfer to Ohio?

Transferring an out-of-state license isn't hard; if you have a valid endorsement in the other state you just have to take the written test over and then pay for the license transfer. I had to transfer both a car and bike license to I had to take the written test twice. Kinda redundant, but rules are rules.

Transferring an out-of-state license isn't hard; if you have a valid endorsement in the other state you just have to take the written test over and then pay for the license transfer. I had to transfer both a car and bike license to I had to take the written test twice. Kinda redundant, but rules are rules.

That was kinda my point, I mean you'll have to pay to transfer your license and what other little goodies they feel like charging. This program is good for people in IL but not so enticing for people in OH. $25 for MO or face paying fee's for an out of state license transfer and taking the written test all over again IMO