Shoot at my house Sunday the 12th.

MidgetTodd

It was a video of him and I just wanted to lack of noise he was making documented lol

What would have been fun is if I went up by the truck and fired a round while everyone else was down by the garage door and couldnt see me. All anyone would have heard was the thwack on the steel. It gives a much better idea of what its like shooting with a can. Shooting subsonics suppressed always makes people giggle. Now doing the same thing, shooting from a hidden position when no one knows where your at but yet they are by the target makes people go "holy shit" when they realize what you can actually do with some subs and a can.

Edited by flounder

He keeps saying it's from shoot which is true but only part of the story. It's because he's spanking his pud.

Now the truth comes out as to why he was taking so many pictures with his phone of Flounder!

:wackit: <-- I don't know why but put a camo hat on and it would look like kawi.

:D

:lol:

Yeah when you load a good subsonic, the round hitting the target is about the loudest thing you hear. Especially when your shooting steel.

How about you load up some FL sized subsonics and show up to TVP say mid day on Friday :D I'm gonna spend the day playing with my new can, maybe help a buddy get some good dope for his DMPS SASS.

How about you load up some FL sized subsonics and show up to TVP say mid day on Friday :D I'm gonna spend the day playing with my new can, maybe help a buddy get some good dope for his DMPS SASS.

Cant man.. Gotta work. Load some 180grain Hornady round nose with about 10 - 10.5 trailboss and you will be good.

Yeah, right. Next thing you know you have a blown up .243 or a stuck bullet in your barrel. I know you're smarter than that Thomas.

I've been doing some digging and found this thread, could be a good starting point.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?66679-Subsonic-243&p=554223

Yeah, right. Next thing you know you have a blown up .243 or a stuck bullet in your barrel. I know you're smarter than that Thomas.

I've been doing some digging and found this thread, could be a good starting point.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?66679-Subsonic-243&p=554223

Actually, what I posted was pretty spot on, simplified for sure, but accurate. obviously, you'll want to start with a recommended or published load.

Really Tom is right.. for subs you tend to load a heavier bullet that you can still stabilize and use an amount of powder that keeps you as close to 1050fps as possible. speed of sound is 1115fps at sea level so 1050 helps with temp and air pressure and density change. also you generally use a powder like trailboss. I have a cronograph if you ever want to do it and test them. Its a bit harder to get that movie sound quiet with a fast round like a 5.56 or .243. Its allot easier with the bigger heavier rounds/bullets.

So say a good 100gr. bullet and some slower burning powder. This is going to completely throw my scope off damn it!

Personally, I'd get that barrel threaded first before I worried about subsonic loads. Actually, I'd replace it with a varmint contour threaded barrel. Yes, it will throw your scope off. If I recall, Flounder had enough elevation travel in his scope to get to 1000 yards (prior to barrel cut), but with subsonic I think he only could get to 350 or so.