Shoot at my house Sunday the 12th.

MidgetTodd

Personally, I'd get that barrel threaded first before I worried about subsonic loads. Actually, I'd replace it with a varmint contour threaded barrel. Yes, it will throw your scope off. If I recall, Flounder had enough elevation travel in his scope to get to 1000 yards (prior to barrel cut), but with subsonic I think he only could get to 350 or so.

With subs in my rig about 300 is max due to velocity/ bullet stability/and scope adjustment

I just keep reading stuff that's basically saying to not bother trying subs in a .243. I don't think threading my barrel will be any issue as it's a factory SS bull barrel and has plenty of material.

I just don't want to go through the expense of getting it threaded and then not achieving something stupidly quiet (read damn near silent). The lack of silencers specifically for this caliber is also a challenge.

I just keep reading stuff that's basically saying to not bother trying subs in a .243. I don't think threading my barrel will be any issue as it's a factory SS bull barrel and has plenty of material.

I just don't want to go through the expense of getting it threaded and then not achieving something stupidly quiet (read damn near silent). The lack of silencers specifically for this caliber is also a challenge.

Just get a .30 cal can and use it on your .243. No different then me using my .30 on my 5.56

While shooting subs has quite the giggle factor (literally, I giggled like a little kid the first time I shot flounder's with subs), the noise reduction with supersonic ammo is pretty impressive. Hell, I just shot my suppressor for the first time today and I'd be just as pleased even if I never shot it subsonic.