Qu'ran Burning... Thoughts?

magley64

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Qurans should be burned until the world is in peace. Then there would be no misinterpretation of Islam

this works, but make sure you get all the bibles, torahs, tanakhs, all the sutras, shashtras, sedas, and spanishads, too

don't want to leave any religious texts to be "misenterpreted"

Edited by magley64

Pastor Jones says NY Imam will move his Mosque and no Quarans will be burned.

They will have a meeting on Saturday. Hmmm.

I wouldn't bet money on that.

Terry Jones is saying that the Imam will move the project.

People close to the Imam (including his wife) are saying "wtf?"

I wouldn't bet money on that.

Terry Jones is saying that the Imam will move the project.

People close to the Imam (including his wife) are saying "wtf?"

Just saw a report that says Donald Trump offered to pay for it.

If it moves America and the Constitution is dead. The Terrorists have basically won.

If it moves America and the Constitution is dead. The Terrorists have basically won.

I wouldn't say that, but I think it would make clear that terrorism works - that's exactly what Terry Jones was attempting to do. He knew that burning the Koran in a public display would have put troops in harms way.

That's terrorism, if you ask me.

Trump was turned down, as were others who offered to purchase the property - there is already a business arrangement in place, and I can't imagine that it would be good business to break one contract to enter into another.

No, if the government prohibits the burning of the Koran or prohibits the building of, or forces the move of the mosque ... then the constitution is dead. If the mosque moves (I know it's not going to) because of pastor dipshit's ploy, then freedom of speech has prevailed and the constitution is alive and well. Remember, the bill of rights protects us from the government not pastor fucktard or the ayatollah imam dude's prayers and poor taste.

No, if the government prohibits the burning of the Koran or prohibits the building of, or forces the move of the mosque ... then the constitution is dead. If the mosque moves (I know it's not going to) because of pastor dipshit's ploy, then freedom of speech has prevailed and the constitution is alive and well. Remember, the bill of rights protects us from the government not pastor fucktard or the ayatollah imam dude's prayers and poor taste.

Oh I know. That comment I think was tainted with thoughts of things like Sharon Angle's suggestion of "2nd Amendment remedies" if they don't win in the polls. In general just the direction those types seem to want to take the country in.

I wouldn't say that, but I think it would make clear that terrorism works - that's exactly what Terry Jones was attempting to do. He knew that burning the Koran in a public display would have put troops in harms way.

That's terrorism, if you ask me.

Terrorism might also be defined using the implied threat of random violence if things don't go your way...such as riots and bombings in response to the burning of a book.

Ya think?

Now they're threatening violence if the Mosque is moved. How's those eggshells feeling under your feet? Don't say something wrong, the Muslims will threaten you....with their religion of peace, no doubt.

Who's the terrorist?

Just about every splinter group of society should be pissed off right now

Does Obama urge the Klan to cancel a march? Does Obama urge the looneys not to protest at the burials of our fallen soldiers? Does Obama call up the grand pubah of the Neo-nazi skinheads and ask them to please avoid the use of swastikas on the Holocaust Remembrance Day? No, he chose to take his stand here and reach out. Where's the outrage from his supporters?

Terrorism might also be defined using the implied threat of random violence if things don't go your way...such as riots and bombings in response to the burning of a book.

Ya think?

Now they're threatening violence if the Mosque is moved. How's those eggshells feeling under your feet? Don't say something wrong, the Muslims will threaten you....with their religion of peace, no doubt.

Who's the terrorist?

"They" aren't threatening violence if the mosque is moved, as far as I know. The Imam has said that if he were to move it now, it would be harmful because it means that radical Islamists are controlling the discourse in America.

"The Muslims" aren't out to get us. Radical extremists may be, but there are few of them, in the grand scheme of things. And radicals aren't threatening with their "religion of peace," anymore than Eric Rudolph killed people with Christianity. Crazy is crazy, religion is just an excuse.

Just about every splinter group of society should be pissed off right now

Does Obama urge the Klan to cancel a march? Does Obama urge the looneys not to protest at the burials of our fallen soldiers? Does Obama call up the grand pubah of the Neo-nazi skinheads and ask them to please avoid the use of swastikas on the Holocaust Remembrance Day? No, he chose to take his stand here and reach out. Where's the outrage from his supporters?

The rage from his supporters is probably the same place as the conservative rage when Dick Cheney claimed that anti-war protests would only put the lives of American troops at risk. The only real difference is that the anti-war protests actually made sense.