Qu'ran Burning... Thoughts?

magley64

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burning the Koran in the USA seems to be a pretty big deal.

Burning Bibles in the Middle East, not so much.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html

:popcorn:

I think it's a matter of age. That is, the age of the religion.

Islam is a relatively young religion. Consider burning a stack of Bibles in 12th century western Europe (Islam is approximately 1200 years old). Christianity has had more time to evolve (and that evolution was probably hastened by the advancement of the western world).

I think it's a matter of age. That is, the age of the religion.

Islam is a relatively young religion. Consider burning a stack of Bibles in 12th century western Europe (Islam is approximately 1200 years old). Christianity has had more time to evolve (and that evolution was probably hastened by the advancement of the western world).

Watered down you mean? or objectified?

I wonder how many christians have actually read the bible...percentage wise.

I know a LOT of atheists, and the majority of us have read it (in it's entirety at least once, cover to cover to cover to cover).

Personally I think that they should leave each other alone. Everyone has the choice to believe what they want too. Some may change their belief over time, but not overnight. Not by burning the symbol of their religion. Not by standing across from a funeral, with hate signs.

This was LOLworthy

Rush Limbaugh and Koran-Burning Preacher Were Cape Girardeau High School Classmates

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2010/09/rush_limbaugh_and_terry_jones_high_school_classmates.php

rush%20and%20terry-thumb-250x163.jpgcapecentralhigh.comLimbaugh and Jones, c/o 1969

​ Must be something in the water down in Cape Girardeau. How else could a town so small produce such bloviating hatemongers -- in the same year?

Yep. If you haven't heard yet, Rush Limbaugh and the Rev. Terry Jones both graduated from Cape's Central High in 1969.

Curiously, Limbaugh is either unaware of this fact or intentionally making an effort not to connect the dots. As Politics Daily reports this morning, Limbaugh has discussed Jones' plan to burn Korans several times on his radio show, yet never mentioned the fact that he and Jones were classmates.

• 2 weeks later...

have been over at some other forum talking about this chaos. i should ve ben here instead..i m sorry if this was mentioned here but have u guys heard the pastor is going to receive a 180 thousand dollars bill from the city of gainesville fir security organized for the event ?

have been over at some other forum talking about this chaos. i should ve ben here instead..i m sorry if this was mentioned here but have u guys heard the pastor is going to receive a 180 thousand dollars bill from the city of gainesville fir security organized for the event ?

As well he should. Free speech is free, but when you shout fire in a non-burning theater expect there to be consequences.

Last thing I've heard on the subject (whether it's true or not I can't confirm) was that terry jones plans to burn "the god delusion" by Richard Dawkins...

as an atheist I can tell you...."we don't care" all you accomplish is putting more money in RD's pocket, and the pockets of his publishers.