Qu'ran Burning... Thoughts?

magley64

"They" aren't threatening violence if the mosque is moved, as far as I know. The Imam has said that if he were to move it now, it would be harmful because it means that radical Islamists are controlling the discourse in America.

Yes, there are in fact calls for violence if the mosque is moved. Just heard some reports of that on the MSM. "They" seem to be quite irrational and prone to blowing shit up. It's hard to come down off of that hate-buzz when you're treating women like cattle, mutilating genitals, selling your children to old men, and honor-killing your rape victims. Awesome society, even the non-extremists. Everyone's the same, respect their culture, even when it puts gays, doctors, Jews & Christian missionaries to death for heresy.

"The Muslims" aren't out to get us. Radical extremists may be, but there are few of them, in the grand scheme of things. And radicals aren't threatening with their "religion of peace," anymore than Eric Rudolph killed people with Christianity. Crazy is crazy, religion is just an excuse.

Radical Islam is the problem, you'll get no disagreement from me, but it's vastly greater in percentage than you're going to admit (even tho you know full fucking well it is). The widespread riots and deaths from the Mohammed/bomb cartoon should have clued anyone paying attention in to the fact that Muslim extremism is much more pervasive than Christian extremism is, and it takes much less to incite them to violence (Rushdie knows a thing or two about this).

I remember the videos of Cairo & Lebanon streets erupting in dance after 911, maybe you don't but I was watching TV that day.

Try to sneak some bibles into a Muslim country, while you're at it. In most of them you'll have them seized at the border and you'll likely go to prison or worse. Tolerance, it's what Muslim populations are all about. Oh wait, are the extremists the ones that make the general rules for Muslim society? Apparently so. Guess that makes them all extremists.

Keep your head in the sand tho, it's probably cool and very comforting down there siding with the wrong people rather than that pesky authoritarian establishment that's done you wrong.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless it doesn't matter. Everyone seems to bend over backwards to not offend any Muslim. Burn the Quran riots and extremism, move the mosque riots and extremism. They know that they'll get their way because of threats and looks like it works to me...sad

Oh please. You can't even say Happy Holidays any more without some retarded Christian screaming they are being oppressed. The only thing keeping Christians from acting like huge assholes in our country is the Constitution and our laws.

Radical Islam is the problem, you'll get no disagreement from me, but it's vastly greater in percentage than you're going to admit (even tho you know full fucking well it is). The widespread riots and deaths from the Mohammed/bomb cartoon should have clued anyone paying attention in to the fact that Muslim extremism is much more pervasive than Christian extremism is, and it takes much less to incite them to violence (Rushdie knows a thing or two about this).

Historically, Muslim extremism isn't even close to pervasive as Christian extremism. We can go through history and make a body count, and I can pretty much guarantee you that Christians have killed far more in the name of God. Part of that could also just be that Islam is a relatively young religion.

I remember the videos of Cairo & Lebanon streets erupting in dance after 911, maybe you don't but I was watching TV that day.

Those weren't necessarily Muslim extremists, though. Those were people who consider the United States, through our alliance with Israel and our presence in the Middle East, to be enemies. You don't have to be a religious extremist to celebrate an attack on your enemy.

Try to sneak some bibles into a Muslim country, while you're at it. In most of them you'll have them seized at the border and you'll likely go to prison or worse. Tolerance, it's what Muslim populations are all about. Oh wait, are the extremists the ones that make the general rules for Muslim society? Apparently so. Guess that makes them all extremists.

In most Muslim countries, you do not have to "sneak" a Bible in.

Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan are the only two with outright bans of Christianity, and most countries, even with Islamic law, either tolerate Christianity, or have a sizeable Christian population.

Keep your head in the sand tho, it's probably cool and very comforting down there siding with the wrong people rather than that pesky authoritarian establishment that's done you wrong.

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.

Who are the "wrong people?" The brown ones with a Koran? The white ones burning the Koran? The Americans who want to erect a building?

I'm just throwing it or there and saying I think the putting our troops in harms way argument is pretty dumb. I mean that makes it seem like they are already not. If we are already at war how is the burning of a few books going to make our enemies say "ok now we are serious." War is war, how do you make it more dangerous when they are already fighting? Are they only using half live ammo and half blanks and as soon as someone strikes a match someone in a cave makes the decision to make it all the lethal shit?

Oh please. You can't even say Happy Holidays any more without some retarded Christian screaming they are being oppressed. The only thing keeping Christians from acting like huge assholes in our country is the Constitution and our laws.

I really don't want to get involved in this thread, but I have found just the opposite. Seems that saying "Merry Christmas" pisses more people off. Christmas refers to the one Christian holiday. "Happy Holidays" encompasses all of the holidays around that time. We are so PC anymore we want to please everyone. Just what I've seen. Carry on.

I'm just throwing it or there and saying I think the putting our troops in harms way argument is pretty dumb. I mean that makes it seem like they are already not. If we are already at war how is the burning of a few books going to make our enemies say "ok now we are serious." War is war, how do you make it more dangerous when they are already fighting? Are they only using half live ammo and half blanks and as soon as someone strikes a match someone in a cave makes the decision to make it all the lethal shit?

Maybe because combat in Iraq is "over"?

I really don't want to get involved in this thread, but I have found just the opposite. Seems that saying "Merry Christmas" pisses more people off. Christmas refers to the one Christian holiday. "Happy Holidays" encompasses all of the holidays around that time. We are so PC anymore we want to please everyone. Just what I've seen. Carry on.

I can honestly say I have NEVER seen anyone get upset with someone saying "Merry Christmas" and I've seen it said to Atheists, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists...

...and Christmas is a Pagan holiday hijacked by Peter as a recruiting tool.

http://www.slate.com/id/2266535/

Two days ago, hundreds of Afghans gathered in Kabul to denounce the United States for burning the Quran. They torched American flags, chanted "Death to America," and carried signs calling for the death of President Obama. Some of them hurled rocks at U.S. troops.

A student in the crowd said of the planned Quran burning: "We know this is not just the decision of a church. It is the decision of the president and the entire United States."

He's wrong, of course. The Quran burning is the brainchild of a Florida minister and his tiny fundamentalist church. It has been condemned by the White House, the State Department, the commanding U.S. general in Afghanistan, Christian organizations, and countless Americans.

But when clerics in Egypt denounce the incendiary plan, we feel the heat. When thousands of Muslims rally against it in Indonesia, they do so outside our embassy. When an imam in Kabul threatens retaliation, he casts a shadow on all of us: "If they decide to burn the holy Quran, I will announce jihad against these Christians and infidels."

This is how it feels to be judged by the sins of others who destroy in the name of your faith. You're no more responsible for 30 Christian extremists in Florida than Muslims are for the 19 hijackers of 9/11. Yet most of us, when polled, say that no Muslim house of worship should be built near the site of the 9/11 attacks. In saying this, we implicitly hold all Muslims accountable for the crime of those 19 people.

Now you know how it feels to be judged that way. It's inaccurate, and it's wrong.

Of course the two situations are different. The hijackers killed 3,000 people; the Quran burners would destroy only their own property. The hijackers were organized by a global terrorist network; the Quran burners are acting alone. But the Quran burners claim to speak for Christianity, just as the hijackers claimed to speak for Islam. And the Quran burners have many open supporters on Facebook in addition to others who are quietly cheering them on.

You, your country, and your faith are being held accountable for the deeds of these people. A widely viewed YouTube video combines "International Burn-the-Quran Day" shirts proclaiming "ISLAM IS OF THE DEVIL" (marketed by the same Florida church), satirical cartoons about the Prophet Mohammed, European criticism of Islamic veils, and myths about U.S. troops flushing a Quran down a toilet. The video says these "attacks on Muslims," including U.S. invasions of Muslim countries, expose the "hatred of the disbelievers." It calls on Muslims to "rise up and do something."

The video also features a sign at a rally: "No More Mosques." Our indiscriminate, collective-responsibility campaign against mosques is being used in an indiscriminate, collective-responsibility campaign against us and our troops.

A pastor who preaches at a nearby Florida church is aghast at the global outrage the Quran-burning minister has provoked. "He represents only 30 people in this town," the pastor tells the New York Times. "It needs to get out somehow to the rest of the world that this isn't the face of Christianity."

It will, Reverend. Right after it gets out to the rest of the world that we don't think the 9/11 hijackers are the face of Islam.

Burning the Koran in the USA seems to be a pretty big deal.

Burning Bibles in the Middle East, not so much.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html

:popcorn:

Americans only care about Bibles being burned if a celebrity gets involved and says it's bad. Americans aren't "religious" like those in the middle east. Those in the middle east would die for what they believe, Americans dont even know what they believe.

Americans only care about Bibles being burned if a celebrity gets involved and says it's bad.

Americans aren't "religious" like those in the middle east.

Those in the middle east would die for what they believe, Americans dont even know what they believe.

Interesting observation.

We do seem to have our share of ones that would die for their beliefs . Heavens Gate, Jim Jones etc.

The USA doesn't seem to be that religious at first glance but I think there is more going on here than people want to talk about.

I've gone on more than one ride where I noticed churches in the middle of nowhere, I had to wonder, where did the attendees come from?

You see at least one in every town. If there are so many churches there must be people going to them.

I wonder if media manipulation has anything to do with it? The "Thousands" of protesters are gone 10 minutes after the camera leaves.

Hmmm...

Edited by Strictly Street

Interesting observation.

We do seem to have our share of ones that would die for their beliefs . Heavens Gate, Jim Jones etc.

The USA doesn't seem to be that religious at first glance but I think there is more going on here than people want to talk about.

I've gone on more than one ride where I noticed churches in the middle of nowhere, I had to wonder, where did the attendees come from?

You see at least one in every town. If there are so many churches there must be people going to them.

I wonder if media manipulation has anything to do with it? The "Thousands" of protesters are gone 10 minutes after the camera leaves.

Hmmm...

True, there are alot of churches. But how many of those church goers would die for what they believe? Many say they would, but few would actually do it. Most of those in the middle east wouldn't hesitate.

I think you'd find more people outraged if they saw video of muslims burning a Tupac album