Saturday Mid Ohio for sale

Jayracer38

Thanks for asking. I need a replacement can or a scratched up ground down is fine end cap for an Akropovic race system for an 08-10 R6

I ordered a repair kit for my akropovic exhaust and after 2 months got it. Today I was putting it together and noticed the end cap I got is not the whole end cap just the carbon cap...so the way it is now the packing would blow out the end and the carbon cap would melt. I called Akro USA manager's cell and he is going to call back, but can't see it being resolved by Saturday. Another option I have is I may ask a buddy to tac weld a piece of pipe that will fit over the baffle and extend out the cap...which would work temporarily...

But... I am afraid what I need will not be offered and I'll need to just order another muffler (which I would have gladly done at the beginning) which may take another ? amount of time... from the scematic you can't tell there is any other piece other than one part number for the carbon end cap.

I'll have to type out the whole experience when I get a chance...hard to believe...

I have to give a thanks out to

Edward Mulhall

Militnat Moto

Who is helping me get this resolved too. he has worked for Akro and LP so if you call him 1st with your akro needs won't blow your season like I did.

Jamie

Edited by Jayracer38
added info

I have it with a guy today to spot weld a short pipe to the baffle to extend out the end...which should work temporarily. Now just waiting on Akro to see if they can make good or if I'll just get a new Full Graves system. Price is good and replacement cans are in stock too and in the US, US made and those guys respond really quick...maybe when everything comes in sell the full akro on ebay or here on the forum.

Learned that next year I should have 1-2 spares in hand or switch

Thanks for trying