2010 ktm rc8

LilTuffGirl

Yea i'm selling my baby.. it's going to be hard but I know it needs to be done.

2,200 miles and probably will keep going up until sold. Mostly interstate miles from work and back. I road the dragon with it... went to indy motogp with it.. and hawks nest here in wv once. it road on a trailer to TN and Indy so yea.. not much ride time on real roads.

excellent condition. I need to get my asking price so I can get another bike. It's WELL worth it. BY FAR the best handeling bike i've ever been on!! The Vtwin is a bit different but it grows on you for sure..

$15,000

31144_399411106157_750916157_4326391_2205738_n.jpg

38346_413854051157_750916157_4693238_7835389_n.jpg

and taken yesterday ;)

58614_436573116157_750916157_5253568_5545071_n.jpg

lol the red bull has more than just stickers to make it so much ;) well it's still more than the normal RC8R since there are only like 50 of 'em.

I'm going to get something I can pay off by the end of the year. I REALLY want a bigger house/land and I can't do it or save for it when i'm paying so much for a bike and will be for 4 years. If I can sell this and my 4 wheeler I should be able to get a good bike. Probably going back to a honda CBR. '08 or '09 that I can find for about $7k. I'll still have to get a loan but if I pay the same payments I am now it should be paid off in 6 months.

The husband and I are hoping to do some track days next year and there is just no way i'd ride the RC8 hard out there. I don't have the money to fix it if it went down. I'm always afraid of something happening to her (yes there is insurance but still).

Love the photo with the WRX and dogs. It looks like a diorama. Must be the lighting or something.

You HAVE to tell us what else you're looking at, to replace the RC. Slap some Redbull stickers on it and add $7k to the price.

Jeff-

The Red Bull has a full ti Akra system, a club race kit (head gaskets, air filter, block off plates, etc). Total in addition to the R asking price is $4k... The pipe alone is $3500...

It isn't stickers...:rolleyes:

hmm and one up at Berkley Springs.. Where I got my bike. He had one of each RC8R.. and my little RC8

Again, 50 made world wide. 25 were to come into the US, but we only got 18. 7 stayed in Canada...

Trust me. I know.

Akra replicas were the same thing, but we got more than 25 here in the States...

... hoping to do some track days next year and there is just no way i'd ride the RC8 hard out there...

I understand not wanting to hurt your machine, but really it's like saying that you don't want to wear your wedding dress to your wedding because you don't want to get it dirty.

I understand not wanting to hurt your machine, but really it's like saying that you don't want to wear your wedding dress to your wedding because you don't want to get it dirty.

I paid $200 for my wedding dress... lol If I paid as much as I did for that bike I wouldn't have wanted to wear it.

I'm not that great of a rider.... I can admit that. I want to go to the track to get better. Id cry if I hurt this beautiful beast... so beautiful :(

Beautiful bike! I've been obsessed with these since I first heard about them back in '07/'08.

I'd love to have one, but alas, I cannot sell my sofa and loveseat. HAHA!

Good Luck With the Sale!

Come ride the RC8s at Mid-Ohio on October 5th. I think they are sold out on the 4th from what I was reported. I do know there are spots for the 5th for sure... $275 and all you do is bring gear and you ride!

Come ride the RC8s at Mid-Ohio on October 5th. I think they are sold out on the 4th from what I was reported. I do know there are spots for the 5th for sure... $275 and all you do is bring gear and you ride!

When's the next one scheduled (preferably one that's on a wknd)?

My forecasted vacation is already tapped for the year...

When's the next one scheduled (preferably one that's on a wknd)?

My forecasted vacation is already tapped for the year...

Probably never on a weekend, end of schedule for the year.

Was definitely a pleasure to ride an RC8R all day when I went a few months back. Glad I didn't know it was a $20k bike until after the fact... :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks. I kind of got tired of hearing "this is the first RC8 i've seen in person/on the street". I heard it at LEAST 5 times.

Still has 1 day left on ebay. starting bid is $13,000... I have 23 people watching! A SHIT TON of questions but no bids. :cry: Everyone thinks there will be a bid at the last min. But man I REALLY don't want to let her go for $13k.

It does help I found a house I REALLY want... kind of... Still need the husband to get a raise to afford it. Either that or i'll have to stay working the two jobs i'm currently working (we could afford it if we didn't get bikes again but I just can't go without... stairing at a CBR on ebay as well)

Need to sell my 4 wheeler befor getting the CBR though....

This BLOWS. have to do one thing before another. I want it all damnit and I want it all right now!!! Although right now I never have a full day off so it really doesn't matter where I sleep or what bike I have since I don't get to see either much.