It's about time that OH cops do this

twincharge7

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha..everytime im driving with a woman she always seems to stay in the far left lane..ughh! getting a ticket tho..thats pretty harsh.

It's not harsh at all. For me, I drive about 50k miles a year in our wonderful pile of a state. Drivers running in the passing lane cause issues. One, the trucks cannot get in and out and have to squeeze into the lane to move around slower traffic. Two, passing a string of cars in the slow lane is tough - harder to see and you are usually going around people and squeezing into tight spots.

Plus, the assholes usually speed up when you are going around. Why they do that is beyond me. They act like they want you to stay behind them even though they have 50 yards between them and the car in front of them.

Ohio drivers are some of the worse drivers out there...

YAY!!!!

They really need to do this here too. Why is it so facking hard to understand that the left lane IS FOR PASSING ONLY?????????

71 N from Columbus to I 76 is the WORST spot in the world for slow ass left lane drivers.

I'm not sure about the $200 ticket though. I think they should be drug by their thumbs behind a car doing 30 MPH - in the right lane, of course.

a tickets pretty harsh? Hell, I always said they should be shot for driving in the left hand lane, but maybe thats just me.

Another thing that REALLY pisses me off is when they turn across two lanes. If your turning onto a two lane road, turn into the closest lane, THEN switch lanes. People really have no idea how to drive, the driving tests/training needs to be about 3x as hard as it is now. Idiots.

$206 DAMN!!! i would rather get a speeding ticket for that amount. wonder if your insurance goes up for driving slower than the speed limit.

Not sure on their policy, but in Ohio, that would be a moving violation so, 2 points, baby! Now, move over and let me pass!!

Easy way to fix this for two wheels.

lane splitting all the way. Legalize and maybe the a-hats will start looking for us, or we just pass them and leave to their own little world that revolves around them.

Michigan drivers are also notorious for left lane driving.

I'm with you guys, also Dweezel's post about people waiting forever to shoot across two lanes. That should be reckless op on their part!

I've had people give me the finger when I flash my lights at them after being nice, given them plenty of time waiting behind them on my bike in the left lane, and have literally ridden past them on the right quickly and given them a slam on their window with my fist, it makes me so mad. Flip me off when you're being the asshole, I'll gladly be one too. Ya gotta do it fast though, so they can't swerve and hit you with their right front fender. It really fucks them up! You gotta be on offense if you do that, though. Do it slowly you may end up road rash.

West Virginia also has a law that you can't ride or drive in the left lane unless you're passing. We got pulled over once for it, all by ourselves in the middle of nowhere doing the speed limit. We were riding in the left lane to equalize tire wear from the crown in the road you always get on the left side of your tires from riding on two-lane roads. That's why you guys see me on the far left at times when we're on the interstate heading out of or back to town, so my tires get worn down more evenly.

It's not harsh at all. For me, I drive about 50k miles a year in our wonderful pile of a state.

My oh my, i grew up in Pittsburgh...driving in Ohio (especially Columbus) is heaven. The road system here is one of the reasons I won't move back to Pittsburgh!

Uhhmm... Why are you all saying this is for OH.... the vid shows OK = Oklahoma.... not OH...

When you say "Its about time" that is basically saying that something finally happened.

Maybe the wording should have been.. "Ohio needs to do this"

its about time that ohio cops do this as well.

It is illegal to drive in the left lane unless overtaking another motorist on the Turnpike only. Other roads do not apply. What sucks is it is also illegal to pass on the right when someone is clearly taking the lane you need.

Really? Turnpike only?? You sure not all interstates? I thought the same, left lane driving WITHOUT passing = illegal.........

as for the passing on the right....yea aint that a bitch, thats what i was thinking too....

I still just hate it whenn ppl do that though....i mean i thought we were taught that you only pass in the left.......its been sooooooo long.....5 under, and "crusin" in the HAMMER lane....WHY?

Uhhmm... Why are you all saying this is for OH.... the vid shows OK = Oklahoma.... not OH...

When you say "Its about time" that is basically saying that something finally happened.

Maybe the wording should have been.. "Ohio needs to do this"

1. if I need your suggestion, I'll ask you or prolly, should I refer all of my posts and how I write in English to you first?

2. did I spell all of them correctly as well?

3. ? (anyone?)

of course, your respond will be:

1. oh, I just want to know what that means.

2. it was only a question and suggestion.

3. ? (anyone?)

Then, at the end, after all of the arguments who can write better or how it should be written, I'll say: FUCK OFF or should I respond that now so everyone's time won't be wasted?

Solving this for you all since I am bored at work.

4511.25 Lanes of travel upon roadways of sufficient width.

(A) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle or trackless trolley shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.25

Read if you want lose a minute or two of your life and figure it all out.

Though I agree 100% with what OK is doing with this and would love to see it in Ohio. To truly get something like this going, you would need to get some political backing/backbone and prosecutors willing to take it. Imagine trying to enforce this only to get it tossed back in the face at the court house.

1. if I need your suggestion, I'll ask you or prolly, should I refer all of my posts and how I write in English to you first?

3. ? (anyone?)

3. ? (anyone?)

Then, at the end, after all of the arguments who can write better or how it should be written, I'll say: FUCK OFF or should I respond that now so everyone's time won't be wasted?

You wake up on the wrong side of the rice patty today or what.. yeah yeah everyones cranky due to weather that wont let us ride.

...It appears in 2006 the ORC 4511.25 was fought and won by some bicyclists and now you SHOULD not be ticketed for driving left....

bicyclists on the road are a whole 'nother ball of wax. I can't tell you how many times I drive past those fuckers on the road when there is a motherfucking sidewalk right next to them!

It's always fun blowing past them on 2 wheels, but when I am in my car I just want to give them a little nudge just to see them get all squirrly and then FACEPLANT. See if they believe in rubbin is racin HA

3. ? (anyone?)

3. ? (anyone?)

well he just reading the subject without emphasis on the correct words, i re-read it and it CAN be concidered CORRECT grammer for your INTENT. Flounder likes to be a prick on here( in real life, too, from what they say on here) lol lol (sorry founder)

They don't even know what the damn laws are in this state. Ugh!!

+100000000000000...i have waited for them to "look up" to see if I was in the wrong' date='...and geuss what I WASNT!!!! (watercop though, CPD)there is a MAX rope length NOT a fucking MINIMUM rope length....stupid fucking pigs need to learn the laws they are upholding, and NOT detain me and friend for 10 min while he "figuers out" IF i did anything wrong (and YES i filled a FORMAL complaint because this was NOT the first time i had a "run-in with that officer, turns out, i was NOT the first to complain, and he was later "retired")

You wake up on the wrong side of the rice patty today or what.. yeah yeah everyones cranky due to weather that wont let us ride.

come on man....lets face it, you can be one abrasive prick on here....and all you did with your comment here was bash on a dude for grammer (which i still say is correct IF correct emphasis used)....he is prolly like me, and likes to make good sound argument here WITHOUT "cutting" on stupid shit l;ike spelling/grammer IMO

bicyclists on the road are a whole 'nother ball of wax. I can't tell you how many times I drive past those fuckers on the road when there is a motherfucking sidewalk right next to them!

yea i dont get that either....pisses me off too because there is like a car beside you and now you cant get by untill the other lane clears and you can pass the bicyle

IMHO!!!!!!!