WTB: Pickup for towing/hauling $1500 or less

CleaveTheGreat

Ummmm, something like that. :p You'd really have to look at the details and build sheets to see where the GMC edges out the Chevy. Usually it's in the driver amenities dept.

The interesting thing is though the trucks have identical underpinnings, you would've thought GM would've ditched GMC as a brand when they went belly up, but they were able to make the business case for keeping it as one of the core four.

Ummmm, something like that. :p You'd really have to look at the details and build sheets to see where the GMC edges out the Chevy. Usually it's in the driver amenities dept.

The interesting thing is though the trucks have identical underpinnings, you would've thought GM would've ditched GMC as a brand when they went belly up, but they were able to make the business case for keeping it as one of the core four.

i agree...was shocked they kept gmc and instead ditched pontiac

Owned an F truck. Replaced everything but the rearend. POS.and the 300 is a pathetic turd.

user error.

my 94 was a tank, and my girls dads is the most abused truck ever and it keeps on keepin on.....dont hate just because youre a yota fanboy - some people enjoy trucks that dont rust off the frame :p

and turd? lol if i remember correctly, your yota couldnt do more than 55 pulling a bike behind it

user error.

my 94 was a tank, and my girls dads is the most abused truck ever and it keeps on keepin on.....dont hate just because youre a yota fanboy - some people enjoy trucks that dont rust off the frame :p

and turd? lol if i remember correctly, your yota couldnt do more than 55 pulling a bike behind it

any of the ford trucks after 98ish i think are junk. I'd say almost half our fleet is Fords and the newer ones have always had more issues than the new chevy's. The older fords we have are bulletproof though

user error.

HAHAHAHA, OK Ty, my ford was a 90. I never pulled anything with it, but, in 2 years, the motor blew, the trans. went out, the wonderfully engineered Twin I-beam front end went to shit, the A/C quit working and the radio quit. This was all between 95-97!!!

As for my Yota, its 118hp 22R in an extra cab running 31's with stock gears. Yes its slow. Yes it gets 28 MPG and will do 80 on the freeway all day, until you hit steep hills. Ingrate.

any of the ford trucks after 98ish i think are junk. I'd say almost half our fleet is Fords and the newer ones have always had more issues than the new chevy's. The older fords we have are bulletproof though

My dad had an 81. Junk. My uncle had an 84 300 I6. Junk. My brother had a 97. Junk.

Cheap is all not dependable. Wouldn't own a ford.

agreed, and my step-dad builds them in Louisville. I can get A-plan. Not interested.

Nope only the old ones. I have an 2002 and no rust at all.

Mine is a 94. No rust. People see old Yotas running around rusty and assume they are more prone to rust without realizing that the ones rusted out have 250k+ on them and have never been cared for. People beat the piss out of Yotas. Why? Because they can. ;)

My father has just what you are looking for. Give me a call at 778-8984 and I will get you in contact with him.

1995 F150

302 V8 with Auto. Motor and Trans runs like a top. Typical rust around the wheel wells. Is getting a new steering gear as we speak.

There were others looking so I might as well say, there is a van around university heights selling or $1500. If anyone is interested I can find specs, someone else was driving in the parking lot and all I saw was a blue early '90 late '80s van and $1500 written on the rear window, don't know anything else about it.