Coming to Ohio

stone

I work for my Uncle and will be moving to Ohio before the end of the year. Any ideas where I should look at buying a house in the Columbus area.

I will be working in that military complex that houses the Defense Logistic Agency [3990 East Broad Street, Columbus Ohio].

Any ideas?

I work for my Uncle and will be moving to Ohio before the end of the year. Any ideas where I should look at buying a house in the Columbus area.

I will be working in that military complex that houses the Defense Logistic Agency [3990 East Broad Street, Columbus Ohio].

Any ideas?

You going to be working for DFAS or just as part of their consolidation effort that is going on?

Any ideas?

Big question is how much are you looking to spend? There are some really nice neighborhoods in Pickerington. That's where I live. Its about a ten minute drive to DSCC. Great schools. Really nice area. We researched everything on this side of town before we bought. Pickerington won for us. Taxes are a little high, but its worth it.

Sweet...I work on E. 5th Ave...and drive by that place all the time. The Mad Greek is a good place for lunch.

As for where to live, there are lots of good places to live...even on the east side. Just don't live too close to your work. Whitehall is a dump (sorry). However, Bexley...I hear...is pretty nice, but expensive.

Any ideas?

i would recommend not living around DSCC (Defense Supply Center Columbus) directly. gahanna, new albany and reynoldsburg are a few nice suburbs around that side of the city.

Any ideas?

North side, best side.....just keep that in mind. Welcome

My father was Chief Finance officer (I think that's the term) for DFAS, and retired in 2000.. Do you work for them flounder?

No I dont work for them.. The company I work for does work with them..

Your dad was CFO huh.. Thats a mighty nice position...

No I dont work for them.. The company I work for does work with them..

Your dad was CFO huh.. Thats a mighty nice position...

Yeah, for the one in Dayton for years. I use to love his company parties he threw, because I'd drink all of his employees under the table..:lol: Right before he retired, he spent a few years at the one in C-bus. He said he liked the C-Bus one better, but he was just sick of working in general and retired.

I wouldn't move to the eastside .The cops suck dick in picktown,and the burg......If you have money to burn north of hilliard ,east of dublin isn't bad.....maybe bethel rd area The east side is getting badddd. And anywhere you go you must ride through the getto.

Food for thought ..I have a lot of friends in housing bizzz ? or anything P.M. me,Maybe I can hook you up w/ some ppl that can help you

North side, best side.....just keep that in mind. Welcome

If by "best side" you mean "best side to sit in traffic" yeah...i agree with Putty. Other than that, and being close to QS&L, north side sucks.

Depending on your income, Dublin and New Albany are tops, IMO. Hilliard and Upper Arlington are nice as well. Don't move to Whitehall or Hilltop...unless you like crime.

"consolidation effort " dawn. I'm with DOD and my sub agency is moving into that compond I guess, don't know whats going on down there, never been to Ohio but I have to cos my Uncle [uncle Sam] wants me.

As for the housing bizz, I'm Willing to spend < 200,000 on a Home. Cos I might be there for at least 5 years and since I'm from DC will like everything big and flashy i guess.

Don't wanna drive thru the getto to and from work. Cops are people, they don't scare me. I wore a badge for 3 years; but they didn't pay good so I quit.

"consolidation effort " dawn. I'm with DOD and my sub agency is moving into that compond I guess, don't know whats going on down there, never been to Ohio but I have to cos my Uncle [uncle Sam] wants me.

As for the housing bizz, I'm Willing to spend < 200,000 on a Home. Cos I might be there for at least 5 years and since I'm from DC will like everything big and flashy i guess.

Don't wanna drive thru the getto to and from work. Cops are people, they don't scare me. I wore a badge for 3 years; but they didn't pay good so I quit.

For less than $200k you're not really going to get anything big and flashy. You'll get a nice house in a nice neighborhood though. The Dublin/Hilliard would be about a 45 - 60 minute drive depending on traffic. The north side has a huge problem with car break-ins. The Bethel/Sawmill area is right around the Dublin/Hilliard area. If you're looking to stay close to work but not in the ghetto, check out Canal Winchester, Violet Township, Pickerington, Pataskala, etc. I know an awesome realtor if need one. She helped us buy our house. She's great. If you are looking for a new home, Dunmore Homes has some great spec homes for sale right now. That's what we bought.

I lived in Gahanna and I can personally tell you the East side isn't what it use to be. Some moron broke into my Explorer to steal my daughters soccer practice equipment!

I'm in Hilliard/Columbus, right on the border. Hilliard schools, Columbus taxes and my house is for sale. I love the house but due to work, I have to sell. My commute just sucks. Let me know if your interested!

http://columbus.yahoo.idx.pruamericanrealtycenter.com/details.aspx?firstrecord=0&VIP=Yahoo%2bIDX&cc=realestate&fclose=n&newhome=n&za=and&searchtype=8&searchgeo=43228&propertytype=1%2c2&sort=5&sortacdc=desc&searchminprice=165000&searchmaxprice=165000&searchbedrooms=3

I lived in Gahanna and I can personally tell you the East side isn't what it use to be. Some moron broke into my Explorer to steal my daughters soccer practice equipment!

I'm in Hilliard/Columbus, right on the border. Hilliard schools, Columbus taxes and my house is for sale. I love the house but due to work, I have to sell. My commute just sucks. Let me know if your interested!

http://columbus.yahoo.idx.pruamericanrealtycenter.com/details.aspx?firstrecord=0&VIP=Yahoo%2bIDX&cc=realestate&fclose=n&newhome=n&za=and&searchtype=8&searchgeo=43228&propertytype=1%2c2&sort=5&sortacdc=desc&searchminprice=165000&searchmaxprice=165000&searchbedrooms=3

I'll give you $20 and a bag of peanuts

Depending on your income, Dublin and New Albany are tops, IMO. Hilliard and Upper Arlington are nice as well. Don't move to Whitehall or Hilltop...unless you like crime.

i would also add worthington right down below UA on that list. though some parts of worthington are better than others. no matter what though you pretty much have to drive through the ghetto to get to DSCC so youll have to suck it up.

From the Sawmill/Bethel area, it's about 16 miles to DSCSCDCSDC (forgot the actual name). During rush hour it takes about 30 minutes to get there.

You definitely have to drive through some ghetto areas...that's where your buildings are...right in the heart of it.