Another rape at CSCC - They rapin' errbody

Casper

guy earlier this year didnt get raped...sounds like the same circumstances, probably the same people doing it

guy earlier this year was gay, and the guys knocked him out and shoved something up his ass and left him there

thats the story according to one of the faculty members is spoke with, who knows

i find it interesting in the article they say there hasnt been another case reported in 7yrs when there was that other guy less than a year ago

guy earlier this year didnt get raped...sounds like the same circumstances, probably the same people doing it

guy earlier this year was gay, and the guys knocked him out and shoved something up his ass and left him there

thats the story according to one of the faculty members is spoke with, who knows

i find it interesting in the article they say there hasnt been another case reported in 7yrs when there was that other guy less than a year ago

That's in the article about the guy from May, not the current article.

Yeah sounds like he got raped buddy....

getting an object shoved up ur ass isnt the same as being fucked by another dude...atleast not in my book

Both are considered rape...

How would you react if someone knocked you out, shoved something up your ass, and then when you told the judge what happened he says you have no case because it's not considered rape?

ok im a CSCC student, and the guy that was raped two quarters ago, he was in the bathroom when two guys came in and knocked him unconscious and had their way with him. As far as the chick goes it must have happend in the past few days because i havent checked my email. Ill find out more when i check my school email cus they send info on these kinds of crimes.

Both are considered rape...

How would you react if someone knocked you out, shoved something up your ass, and then when you told the judge what happened he says you have no case because it's not considered rape?

:wtf: where did i say there would be no case? sexual assault/battery? youre saying there can be no middle ground? its got to be rape or nothing?

:wtf: where did i say there would be no case? sexual assault/battery? youre saying there can be no middle ground? its got to be rape or nothing?

^ That's actually a good point, and it depends on how the law reads. In a lot of jurisdictions, rape is defined at least in part by forcing the victim. That means the victim has to fight back for it to be considered rape. Seems strange, but the idea is that a woman can't just lay there, and then claim later that she was raped.

in other jurisdictions, all that is required is "lack of consent."

There are a lot of "unwanted penetration" cases that wouldn't be considered rape, but would still be sexual battery, etc.

Obviously it's a touchy area of law for rape victims, and guys who have been accused for what they feel are inadequate reasons.

^ That's actually a good point, and it depends on how the law reads. In a lot of jurisdictions, rape is defined at least in part by forcing the victim. That means the victim has to fight back for it to be considered rape. Seems strange, but the idea is that a woman can't just lay there, and then claim later that she was raped.

in other jurisdictions, all that is required is "lack of consent."

There are a lot of "unwanted penetration" cases that wouldn't be considered rape, but would still be sexual battery, etc.

Obviously it's a touchy area of law for rape victims, and guys who have been accused for what they feel are inadequate reasons.

according to ORC, the victim does not have to fight back for it to be considered rape

this specific incident could fit into sexual battery, or into rape - it is a grey area...as the law is written, if you walk up to a person on the street and say "let me poke your boob or ill kill you" and she lets you poke her in the tit even through clothing etc, just a little poke and then u leave...it can fall into "rape" as its written....the line between rape and sexual battery is blurred, the whole thing is a grey area....as a judge or prosecutor, i would push this case in direction of battery since no intercourse took place....as a prosecutor ide charge them with rape, and offer a plea down to battery

rape:

(2) No person shall engage in sexual conduct with another when the offender purposely compels the other person to submit by force or threat of force.

© A victim need not prove physical resistance to the offender in prosecutions under this section.

it mentioned the defendants sexual activity also under the rape laws...which is why i would not consider it rape

sexual battery

(A) No person shall engage in sexual conduct with another, not the spouse of the offender, when any of the following apply:

(2) The offender knows that the other person’s ability to appraise the nature of or control the other person’s own conduct is substantially impaired.

to me, being unconscious would be substantially impaired....if i was prosecuting the case and did not go with the rape charge and battery plea, i would argue assault with a deadly weapon ( victim being attacked ) and sexual battery ( the object being shoved in the dudes ass )

its a grey area and could really be pushed either way....so to say its gotta be rape or nothing, is incorrect

you would have to prove that the men knocked him out with the intentions of "raping" him to stick rape....if charged with sexual battery and assault with a deadly weapon, it could be pushed as a hate crime which is what i believe happened...homosexual male, attacked and knocked unconscious, then has an object shoved in his ass....it would be easier to prove that they attacked him for being homosexual, rather than to get their own sexual needs satisfied

Edited by Steve Butters