Gump

Ruger LCP w/laser or S&W Bodygaurd  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Ruger LCP w/laser or S&W Bodygaurd

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought an LCP. Vances got cleaned out of them after their last sale. But their sale prices are what other shop's regular prices are. Norton Gun up North on 23 has 'em all day for $309. Couldn't find blued model for less than that in town. Vances had the nickel finish for $380.

3/4 inch thick, nothing to catch on, no need for any holster if you have a pocket. Solid Ruger quality. Big fan here.

• 4 months later...
FYI

I yanked out my bodyguard to stop a dog fight and my third trigger pull just clicked. 4th pull fired the round. It is cheap ammo but it's never done that before.

Well don't pull it the third time next time. Just skip to the fourth pull, and you'll be fine! :rolleyes:

Is this a common occurance with other BG .380 owners? I'm guessing you have searched it out, or will do so. If it turns out to be the cheap ammo, that's just another reassurance to me that I need to only use the cheap ammo for range time, and use quality stuff for when it counts.

I just shot it when the muzzle was two feet from their ears since if I try to break up the fight it makes it worse for the dog getting it's butt kicked. The stupid beagle I can grab by the tail and fling it but the dominant 100 plus pound coon dog just attacks the old husky 5 times harder when I pull on her or kick her. you can't stop it. I swear I heard the coon dog break the huskys leg bone with her teeth. Not sure yet though she's still limping with a hole in her leg. There's a damn unfixed male dog on the property causing all this.

Back to guns:

I've shot probably 500 cheap PMC rounds thru it without fail. The round fired after the second hammer strike so I'm not sure

I just shot it when the muzzle was two feet from their ears since if I try to break up the fight it makes it worse for the dog getting it's butt kicked. The stupid beagle I can grab by the tail and fling it but the dominant 100 plus pound coon dog just attacks the old husky 5 times harder when I pull on her or kick her. you can't stop it. I swear I heard the coon dog break the huskys leg bone with her teeth. Not sure yet though she's still limping with a hole in her leg. There's a damn unfixed male dog on the property causing all this.

Shoulda shot the stupid trespassing hillbilly mut and been done with it. Sound like a canine trailer park up there.

With my wheel gun it just involves pulling the trigger again.

THIS!

I've put quite a bit through my BodyGuard and never had that issue. I use cheap at range; good defensive ammo loaded in mine otherwise. I did hear that the .380 was having trigger issues, but I heard it was within the first 50 rounds through it and you could tell. Not sure how true that was when my buddy told me that.I did notice that the trigger is a little tough to pull back and really stay relaxed, not cool... I guess I am use to shooting the Hi-Point with a lite pull.