Smoking EXO-1000 helmet deal

Bad324

that thing will be like a uniform, everybody will have one. :p

I did think of that when last fall a bunch of us ordered the same Aplinestars leather from the Indy race when it dropped to $100. I would be inclined to pass it up since I don't really need a 3rd helmet but that damn inner sun visor thing is making me want it

I recently got one.. Same size as my exo-400 but the lower neck pad rips off my ears. And the padding in the helmet isn't as plush as my 400. I'm wearing the 400 more than the 1000, just saying.

edit: I'm not browsing on my phone now, so I can actually type... I love the 100 for the weight savings, because my neck is already F'ed up... But even so, I prefer the 400 when I'm actually on the bike. It just feels so warm and cozy. Probably because of the padding difference.

To those who do get the 1000, be careful when removing the sun visor, not to stretch the plastic that clamps to it. I did, and now the sun visor slips out of place if I flip it down quickly.

Edited by RSparky

yeah, the 400 and 700 fit me well... never tried on the 1000, or I'd seriously consider it.

Hmmmm.... The 400 doesn't fit me well. I wonder how the 1000 would fit me. I don't need it I just picked up a Arai but, the price is crazy.

I was all set to pull the trigger on this EXO1000. Even sized them at Iron Pony. Then I saw this at IP, built in Bluetooth and marked down to $139. http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/VEGA-09-VTUNE-RED.jpg/Brand/VEGA/Class2/Helmets/Class3/Full%20Face%20Helmets/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

I'm torn.

I was all set to pull the trigger on this EXO1000. Even sized them at Iron Pony. Then I saw this at IP, built in Bluetooth and marked down to $139. http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/VEGA-09-VTUNE-RED.jpg/Brand/VEGA/Class2/Helmets/Class3/Full%20Face%20Helmets/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

I'm torn.

i wouldnt wear a vega if it was free...let alone pay $140 for it!!

cheap junk....and wtf is up with their sizing...i wear a L in most brands, but a 3x vega was snug as fuck on me

if bluebooth is that important, just buy a chatterbox, dont get a cheap junk helmet just for the extra features

The Vega didn't seem too bad. The venting wasn't nearly as through as the EXO1000, but it seemed alright given price/features. And both helmets had the tinted flip down visor, which my next helmet WILL have. Is the EXO a better helmet? Yeah. But the BT is tempting. And I wear a XL in the Scorpion and a L or XL in the Vega.

I got my EXO1000 yesterday, and wore it last evening......so far, so good.

I have a EXO 400 that I wear a lot, my main Helmet is a Arai Quantum, but after only one ride, I really like the EXO1000. The flip down inner shield works great with glasses, the venting seems good (although it wasn't that hot out). Great deal for 100 bucks IMO........