Should I buy it back or no?

Radio Flyer

So I got a rough list of parts that need replaced on the 07SV650s from the wreck. Bike is totaled out, they said 6k worth of damage but we know how OEM parts new are priced compared to what we can find them for.

Front fairing needs replaced, front headlight, master cylinder, rear brake lever, engine cover, right rear plastics, grab bar, brake resorvoir for front brake, slip on needs replaced etc etc...

I don't know my buy back on this thing yet but how much success do most people have parting out bikes these days and having it be worth the time? I'm expecting them to tell me ~1k for the buy back, personally I don't feel like fixing this thing, I'd rather just get something new.

They said my forks weren't bent, just looked to be tweaked in the triple and it's just a lot of little things that need to be fixed.

Looking for some insight on what would be best for me to do.

I know a few have been interested in purchasing this thing so PM me and we can discuss.

i wouldnt bother dude....get the money and buy something else...if another OR member wants to buy it, buy it back and sell it to them, otherwise i would take the money and not look back...thats just me though....you've been talking about an I4 bike for awhile, nows the perfect time

i wouldnt bother dude....get the money and buy something else...if another OR member wants to buy it, buy it back and sell it to them, otherwise i would take the money and not look back...thats just me though....you've been talking about an I4 bike for awhile, nows the perfect time

Agreed about the timing. I fenced with this same issue when I sent my Katana up to the motorcycle gods. Not sure what the circumstances of the wreck were, but with mine my forks were tore up good and there was a possibility I had ever so slight frame damage. That uncertainty was enough to convince me to take the money and run. Even if you end up scoring 4-5K out of it, that is more than sufficient to pick up a damn decent I4 sportbike.

I have a LARGE deductible and a lean on the bike so I'll be left with ~3k give or take a few hundred after everything is settled.

I get to pay off the loan 2 years early so getting another small loan for next year to make up for what I can't save over the winter should put me in price range for something I actually want next season.

I have a LARGE deductible and a lean on the bike so I'll be left with ~3k give or take a few hundred after everything is settled.

I get to pay off the loan 2 years early so getting another small loan for next year to make up for what I can't save over the winter should put me in price range for something I actually want next season.

So you're going to take out a loan now, or next season? If it's possible, I'd take it out now and make payments over the winter, the prices are going to do nothing but go up once late March/April hit. Buy low sell high man, not the other way around. ;)

+1 on that.

The world is going to end, I agreed with Cheech! :eek:

I knew you had it in you. :lol:

Buy the new bike now, or maybe in a few weeks when nobody's buying... Then use whatever good riding days exist over the winter to get her dialled in. You get the bike for less and you're ready to go day#1 of the biking weather next year.

Buy it back cheap. Street fighter it and buy a nice used bike.

This is my original thought after I wrecked it the first time. I think it's about 150 to get the entire Buell headlight kit from HD. Then after that it's just a few various parts and plastics.

I'd put it back on the street if I were you.

But I'm the minority here in that I don't mind salvage bikes.

i dont mind them either, but hes always talking about how he wants a 600cc I4 bike....i dont see the use in putting more money and work into a bike that he doesnt fully enjoy to begin with

I don't want to say anything without seeing it. If it's somewhere I can check it out I'll take a look, may be into it for up to 1k, but if you just let it go I won't be upset...

None of that stuff you listed as damaged really bothers me though.

P.S. In my experience parting stuff out isn't worth it if you value your time.

Edited by brn6604