another bullied teen commits suicide....

magley64

Sometimes I think that the schools are moving backward. What ever happened to the ring of kids around two kids fighting? When it was done it was done, no more teasing or being bullied. You either got you ass kicked or he did. Now you so much as touch a kid and you are out of the school.

This. The problem is that these days, if the kid gets his ass whooped in a fair fight, he'll just go get a gun and shoot everyone. It isn't like it should be anymore. Straight bullshit.

Schools are in a strange predicament. They have to come up with a policy other than "beat his ass", but by doing so we have fostered a generation of whining taddling pussies. I, like many on this forum have no problem with the "beat his ass" policy. Growing up, my dad was president of the school board and served on it for 12 years. Freshman year, I had to defend myself against an older kid who thought it might be fun to draw swastikas on my locker. My punishment from the school ... 3 days suspension. My punishment from my dad... 5 day ski trip to upstate New York. Beat his ass...

Edit: the initial story is a real tragedy. I hope my kids never get to that point of desperation.

That's what my dad was all about too. As long as I did not start the fight (throw the first punch) I was in the clear at home.....as long as I didn't get my ass beat in the fight. :lol:

My daughter is 3 years old. My wife and I are more strict on her and hold her to a higher standard than most 10 year olds. She is one of the most well behaved kids and get compliments all the time. Because we are so strict on her, we also give her more responsibility as well and she has become very independent. This is all because we spank her when needed, stern with our words and we don't back down. Yet we are fair to her as well. You don't go over board and abuse your role as being a parent. No I am able to say two words to her in a firm voice and she will knock off whatever she is doing nearly instantly. "At ease." It's an army thing but it works.

Sometimes I think that the schools are moving backward. What ever happened to the ring of kids around two kids fighting? When it was done it was done, no more teasing or being bullied. You either got you ass kicked or he did. Now you so much as touch a kid and you are out of the school.

There are a lot of educators who would LOVE to do the things we're talking about - but it would cost them their jobs.

Teachers and principals aren't parents, and they shouldn't be expected to "parent" these kids. Frankly, the school shoudln't have to be the one handing out discipline in the first place.

The problem with being a parent is that it's the most important job in the world, but the only qualification is the ability to fuck.

I don't have kids though, so it's easy for me to talk out of my ass about parenting - not that having a kid suddenly makes a person an expert. I love when people try to pull that argument...:rolleyes:

There are a lot of educators who would LOVE to do the things we're talking about - but it would cost them their jobs.

Teachers and principals aren't parents, and they shouldn't be expected to "parent" these kids. Frankly, the school shoudln't have to be the one handing out discipline in the first place.

The problem with being a parent is that it's the most important job in the world, but the only qualification is the ability to fuck.

I don't have kids though, so it's easy for me to talk out of my ass about parenting - not that having a kid suddenly makes a person an expert. I love when people try to pull that argument...:rolleyes:

There is a difference between breeding and parenting.

• Upvote 1