Thoughts on a TL1000S?

scottie.harris

Since I am th notorious dick of the board, I'll say what everyone is afraid to say - yes, quit. Do everyone a favor and stop riding motorcycles.

Easy. Done.

Now, if you want to stop with the 3rd grade chick drama, you can listen really close - TAKE YOUR BIKE AND RAISE IT BACK TO STOCK AND LEARN TO RIDE BETTER. Street riding isn't going to do shit for you. You can ride 40k miles a year on I71 from Cleveland to CBus for work everyday and you won;t learn shit.

Get into a performance class of some sort or calm the fuck down and act like a humble guy who needs to learn shit. Less talk, more listen when around the better riders.

Otherwise, lock the thread down and sell your bike and pick up golf.

So I'll derail this painful thread with an honest question.... What happened to the mainstream V-Twin Litre Bike? Other than the Italians, the Austrians, and the SV, who else currently makes one? And why did everyone else stop? If this derail is too much for everyone to handle, please feel free to drop an insult regarding Scottie in response.:D

jporter honestly i think im just as fast as you in the turns if not faster, when i was behind you i was right on you and could have passed several times. the main reason im slower in front of you is becuase i dont know any of the roads we've been on. you get me on State route 245 and im much faster, i just dont like to fly when i dont know whats in front of me.

TaRR i would like to go but 1. i work 2. my moms having my birthday dinner.

jporter honestly i think im just as fast as you in the turns if not faster, when i was behind you i was right on you and could have passed several times. the main reason im slower in front of you is becuase i dont know any of the roads we've been on. you get me on State route 245 and im much faster, i just dont like to fly when i dont know whats in front of me.

TaRR i would like to go but 1. i work 2. my moms having my birthday dinner.

Meh... I'm not going to argue with you there, it doesn't matter if you're faster than I am, I'm fine with the pace at which I ride for the street. I can tell you for a fact that I do get better almost every time I go out on some twisty roads. The past 3 weekends I've been down a couple of the same roads, and my turn-in is much better, less standing on the brakes coming up to the curves. I wish I had thought to track the time spent on segments to see how I'm really doing.

One day I will start doing track days, but probably not for a couple years, due to having a growing family. These little guys aren't cheap!

Now im not saying by no means that im "amazing", hell that guy that was on the same CSBA ride as you who rode that older blue katana 600 with his son on the back was one heck of a rider. i couldnt out ride him on those roads even if i tried my hardest.

Bingo. Rider not the bike. This is what everyone has been saying.

Now im not saying by no means that im "amazing", hell that guy that was on the same CSBA ride as you who rode that older blue katana 600 with his son on the back was one heck of a rider. i couldnt out ride him on those roads even if i tried my hardest.

And he wasn't on the brakes hard going into turns, or kicking it sideways. His bike wasn't lowered, either.

yea i know the feeling about getting better, i just ride to have fun. Im not trying to compete with you so sorry if thats how it comes out. Your still a fast rider, and better rider than i because you can ride the CSBA roads in the corners faster than i can. I just dont feel confident enought to speed through turns i dont know like you can.

yea i know the feeling about getting better, i just ride to have fun. Im not trying to compete with you so sorry if thats how it comes out. Your still a fast rider, and better rider than i because you can ride the CSBA roads in the corners faster than i can. I just dont feel confident enought to speed through turns i dont know like you can.

I'm not claiming to be faster or better, maybe safer though. Early on this season, I scared the crap out of a friend that's a veteran rider, on his ZX6R, while I was on the 250. It was mainly because he didn't know the roads, but honestly, I didn't know them all that well either. I tend to ride a little harder when I have someone else with me.

same, thats why i liked when someone is in front of me because i have almost a guidence to where the roads gonna go. Unlike danballa who cheats using gps (even though i want one).

More important than knowing where the road goes, I liketo see the lines that more experienced riders take through the curves.

• 1 month later...