Thoughts on a TL1000S?

scottie.harris

ok im thinking about getting a TL1000s and just want other peoples thoughts of this type of bike are. I will be trading my katana for it, and am wondering on the comfort, upkeep, power, ect is like on them. I have read the reviews on it already, but i want personal feedback on it.

PS: this is not the TL1000R its the TL1000S

ok im thinking about getting a TL1000s and just want other peoples thoughts of this type of bike are. I will be trading my katana for it, and am wondering on the comfort, upkeep, power, ect is like on them. I have read the reviews on it already, but i want personal feedback on it.

PS: this is not the TL1000R its the TL1000S

SV1000. Done.

I've ridden a TL-S, and owned a TL-R. The TL-S is a great, reliable bike with good useable power (meaning you don't have to rev it beyond belief to experience it). The torque output really makes it a fun bike to ride.

That said, the suspension isn't the greatest, but it's not a deal-breaker (especially if the bike's in good condition and your getting a straight-up trade). Just make some adjustments and upgrade when you have the cash.

What kind of condition are both bikes in? What are the specs?

I still have my first sportbike a 97 TL1000S. I love the thing! Its loud,wheelies,has mass torque,and is just fun to ride! If you want to canyon or backwoods ride its perfect. Its not the greatest on the highway road trips,but that being said I have taken mine over 1000mile weekend trips. Get one If u have a choice between a katana or TL i'd defiantly take the TL. What yeat TLS is it? miles? mods?

Here is my TL(broken lol) from last weekend

DSC_0188.jpg

Im just wondering really if there is much power difference, it seems like it would be about as fast as a cbr or gsxr 600 from the internet.

My katana is in good shape with 18k miles newer tires, powdercoated rims, ect nice looking.

The TL has 15k miles, but he told me the only things that are wrong is windscreen is cracked, missing a front rotor, different mirriors(still 2 on), and passanger peg is bent. he already put an aftermarket exhaust on so that will save me money, i just need to get a powercommander.

im not choosing between the katana and the TL but im thinking about trading the katana i have for it. The video doesnt really help it just shows the sound. I dont know how fast it is, gixxie750 about what would you compare it too and whats the top speed? the highest i seen on youtube is like 140mph and ive gotten close to that on the katana. What do you mean they arent the best on highway trips? thats a reason i dislike the katana is because im running at high rpms in 6th gear.

I would do the trade. Those tl's are torque monsters. Have you ridden any other sport bikes, other than your katana? The reason I ask is everyone I know that owns one says they are fast until they get on a true sport bike. That tl will be more than you need for the street.

yea ive rode my friends 06 CBR600 (not hard) and my other friends CBR 954 doing wheelies. Though the 954 may be a bit more than needed. just want something that can do more than 140mph.

I know i need a new bike because i can pop the clutch and throw that kat sideways and am not the slightest bit afraid of it.

ive topped the katana at 135 more than once, and if the bike is geared for a higher top speed then you will be doing the speed limit in a lower rpm. my katana runs about 5500rpm doing 65mph in 6th gear and it redlines at 11000rpm. i feel like im running the crap out of it just riding the freeway.

plus i just like speed.