Yo Cleaner! Here comes some Honda info!

NinjaNick

are you kidding me?...the 600rr has been one of the best looking 600 bikes since '03 IMO at least.

Well it was the only one that really didn't change since 2003 till 2007 model.

I think they were plain with little excitement in the looks.

The only CBR I thinked look good was the Blue/Yellow CBR 1000 last year.

That is pretty much it.

Well it was the only one that really didn't change since 2003 till 2007 model.

I think they were plain with little excitement in the looks.

The only CBR I thinked look good was the Blue/Yellow CBR 1000 last year.

That is pretty much it.

Yeah I agree little excitement till the '07 came out. but there was a lot of other lil changes made from 03-04 to 05-06 and now to 07-08 models, including inverted forks, new swingarm, front end change, etc..

For me, Honda has always been "middle of the road" in terms of performance and even a bit in the looks department. They do everything "ok", but nothing exceptional. It has been their design premise for YEARS. Now, it looks like they are trying to get back into it more.

However, what makes me laugh is that when the CBR600RR came in 07 and was "completely revolutionary", all Honda did was essentially copy what was already out there. R6 and ZX6s were the top 600s and they essentially took elements of each and used them and then announced it was revolutionary. How? It had so many elements of each bike that it essentially FINALLY just now caught up. With the new R6, ZX6, and 08 GSXR600, it gets left in the middle again at best...

The 1000 is a design that incorporates some weird design elements and I must say that even though it is as ugly in person as it is in pictures, at least Honda is going down a road more on their own than ever before. Sure, the exhaust might as well be a carbon copy of the R6 just bigger, but overall, we cannot say Honda is "middle of the road" in terms of design this time. Kudos to them.

As far as performance, they still have a tough battle. The Kaw and GSXR will be top dogs again or a threat. Honda may have something in store, but again, it is just that they are NOW catching up. It's a shame, really as they have never been a solid contender for top Liter bike status in years since the awesome and raw CBR900RR (1993-1995 were the best 900 years)...

Everything as far as comments to which is better looking, which is uglier is simply what each person's tastes are. Nothing more. Personally, I never look at these bikes as street bikes. I see race plastic and everything stripped off. They look beautiful and purposeful in race trim to me.

Everyone bitches about ugly exhausts, mirrors, mud flaps, etc. All that shit can EASILY be torn off and something new put in place that will look so much better. So, take the BS cosmetic shit out and look at performance, look at technology (Don't get swept in with things like electronic steering dampers, etc), design, purposefulness of that design, etc...

The 1000 is a design that incorporates some weird design elements and I must say that even though it is as ugly in person as it is in pictures, at least Honda is going down a road more on their own than ever before. Sure, the exhaust might as well be a carbon copy of the R6 just bigger, but overall, we cannot say Honda is "middle of the road" in terms of design this time. Kudos to them.

Everyone bitches about ugly exhausts, mirrors, mud flaps, etc. All that shit can EASILY be torn off and something new put in place that will look so much better. So, take the BS cosmetic shit out and look at performance, look at technology (Don't get swept in with things like electronic steering dampers, etc), design, purposefulness of that design, etc...

For me, its the ergos that look crappy. The exhaust is ugly too, but as you stated, it can be replaced.

But I agree, at least Honda took a risk. I don't like the result, but at least their bikes are going to look noticably different.

For me, its the ergos that look crappy. The exhaust is ugly too, but as you stated, it can be replaced.

But I agree, at least Honda took a risk. I don't like the result, but at least their bikes are going to look noticably different.

It's only the view from the back that matters...:honda::trophy:

Actually I see a small resemblance to the 1098 in the front end of the CBR 1000.

But I do like the looks of the CBR. Yeah CBR has been sucking Hind tit since the zx-10 came out, 2nd since 1998 R1, 3rd since the 2001 GSXR 1000 (which raised the bar a bunch).