Storm on its way

gen3flygirl

So there is a lovely line of storms that are about to hit the western half of the state and work its way over. If you rode to work today I hope you can find a safe spot for your bike and if it is still at home find a safe place to tuck it away for a little while. Sustained winds of 20 knots with gust up to 45 knots will make for a fun ride.

ohfuckb.jpg

good spot, going to fill up the truck with gas so I don't have to do it in the rain later

good call. I have had my windows open in the house the past couple of days. I really don't want to have to explain to the insurance people why the second story of the house has water damage.

good call. I have had my windows open in the house the past couple of days. I really don't want to have to explain to the insurance people why the second story of the house has water damage.

I almost opened my windows this morning before I left for work because my room was unusually warm, real glad I didn't do that now

25515890_320X180.jpg

http://www.whiotv.com/weather/25499836/detail.html

Tornado Warnings Issued

Tornado Watch, High Wind Warning Issued

The National Weather Service has issued a TORNADO WARNING for Wayne and Randolph counties in Indiana, and for Mercer, Darke, Butler, and Preble counties in Ohio.

A Tornado Watch has been issued for the entire area until 4 p.m., and a High Wind Warning has been issued until 8 p.m. for the entire region.

A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for Auglaize County, southern Darke County, Miami County and Shelby County until 12:15 p.m.

The NWS also issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Butler, Miami, Montgomery and Preble counties until 12:45 a.m.

Strong winds will develop ahead of an approaching cold front by late Tuesday morning. South to southwesterly winds of between 40 and 50 mph will be widespread.

Storm Center 7 Meteorologist Rich Wirdzek said, "By 1p.m. severe weather will hit the eastern parts of Indiana, and then move into the I-75 corridor area around Dayton. By the evening drive home, the severe/tornadic activity will be off the east near Columbus."

News Center 7's Kathryn Burcham is the Preble County/Wayne County area and she said, as of 11:15 a.m., there was a lot of wind and quick moving clouds.

She said she talked with a man who was traveling through from Indianapolis and said the rain was "unbelievable."

The forecasters said the winds will have the potential to bring down trees and power lines and cause property damage. They said people should bring in trash cans and Halloween decorations to keep them from flying around.

Forecasters are also warning people that the winds could be strong enough to topple trees and power lines and cause property damage.

The winds are expected to subside Tuesday evening.

Officials with Dayton Power and Light said hundreds of crews are on call to help in the event of downed power lines from the storms.

DP&L said the most common problems happen when tree limbs hit power lines or uprooted trees fall on lines. They recommend having a storm kit with a flashlight, emergency radio and a first aid kit in case you lose power.

To report an outage or down power lines, you can call 1-877-4OUTAGE.

Track The Rain: LIVE Doppler 7 Radar

Copyright 2010 by WHIOTV.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Holy shit! 1st we all went to tornado shelter at work as the alarms went off because we are under a warning. Then a few of us went outside to check the situation and it was dark and trees bending to the ground with hurrican force winds it seemed. It's died down but damn it got TOUGH here in Dayton.

Have fun Columbus! ;)