why do moto gp riders throw their leg out all janky

El capitan

they also try to make themselves bigger going into a corner, blocking the inside lane. although the Dr drove right through it today

i don't watch moto gp often, but i saw some races after rossi had his crash and noticed he did it. i wasn't sure if it was because his accident or something. then today i saw a few riders doing it and thought wtf are they doin it for. i figured at that level there has to be an advantage otherwise no one would do it.

Sometimes when I fart in my leathers I have to move about in the seat- lift my butt up, stick a leg out.. it's all the same.

Same here, but I do it when my sweaty sac gets stuck to my thigh. Nice little breeze gets up there and then all is right with the World.

• Upvote 1

rossi just started doing it to see how many people would copy him.

That's my theory too. After Rossi retires, he's going to tell everyone that it makes no difference at all and he did it just to see who would be foolish enough to mimic him. Then he'll laugh. (I'm only half joking.)

I haven't seen Lorenzo do it, and you certainly can't argue with his results this year. I don't see Ben Spies doing it...

i think he does it cause the later he brakes, the bigger his balls swell from the density of brass that accumulates rapidly as he approaches the corner. As his giant brass balls increase rapidly in size in direct relation to the ballsiness of the maneuver, the leg is forced to move out of the way.

Once it looks like he's going to make it, they shrink back to mere mortal sizes, and he can move his leg back to position.