Concealed carry = bad

Uncle Punk

http://www.youtube.com/user/VPCvideos

“It is now commonplace for mass shooters to be licensed to carry concealed handguns. It is clear that the licensing systems are completely ineffective at weeding out applicants who are likely to kill in anger rather than self-defense. These dangerous concealed carry laws need to be repealed to save innocent lives,”

http://www.vpc.org/press/1010ccw.htm

Had the NRA informed policymakers that concealed handgun permit holders would be routinely killing law enforcement personnel and perpetrating, rather than preventing, mass murders and other gun homicides few legislators--applying Metaksa's own standard--would have voted in favor of such laws.

http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm

This shit needs to stop, it's getting way out of hand, I don't know who to trust!

we're an "equal opportunity" society, right?

And we admit that we can't keep guns out of the hands of criminals, yes?

Then the only realistic chance at "equality" is to allow everyone to carry a gun. "But people would be shooting each other in the streets!" Would you shoot anyone? - that's what I ask the people who make such claims.

We already license people to drive cars who aren't safe - why should we be any more careful with guns? A car is just a giant bullet that's easier to aim.

Maybe there WOULD be a huge rash of killings if the whole country were armed - but I bet the people left living would be a lot more polite to each other, and much more aware of their surroundings.

• Upvote 3

Then the only realistic chance at "equality" is to allow everyone to carry a gun. "But people would be shooting each other in the streets!" Would you shoot anyone? - that's what I ask the people who make such claims.

We already license people to drive cars who aren't safe - why should we be any more careful with guns? A car is just a giant bullet that's easier to aim.

Maybe there WOULD be a huge rash of killings if the whole country were armed - but I bet the people left living would be a lot more polite to each other, and much more aware of their surroundings.

+1

+1

I'm a firm believer that regardless of what ideology you subscribe to, you have to test it with absolutes and extremes.

that's why I was almost (ALMOST) happy when Obama got elected, and the Democrats had the congressional super-majority. As much as I flatly disagree with democratic economic policies, I figured the last 2 years would either a) be awesome and prove me wrong, or b) suck ass and prove the democrats wrong.

the problem is I think it takes way more than 2 years to prove either.

Not to change the subject, but this is why I was (am) so against the GM bailout. the free-market system works, but failure is part of it working!!! Interrupting the process eliminates the opportunity for a natural recovery.

/rant (for now)

An armed society its a polite society.... +2 red

And your model for this statement is what? Maybe the inner city where there are thousands of guns and people are killing each other at an alarming rate. Let’s take a few semis full of guns into every city, drop them off so everyone will have one that should slow down the killings.

And your model for this statement is what? Maybe the inner city where there are thousands of guns and people are killing each other at an alarming rate. Let’s take a few semis full of guns into every city, drop them off so everyone will have one that should slow down the killings.

i think what he was getting at is this: if everyone is armed, the people that are shooting each other will eventually kill each other, leaving behind the people that are responsible and wouldnt break the law anyways. i personally have guns for self defense/recreation and im not going around shooting someone just because i have the tools for it.

i think what he was getting at is this: if everyone is armed, the people that are shooting each other will eventually kill each other, leaving behind the people that are responsible and wouldnt break the law anyways. i personally have guns for self defense/recreation and im not going around shooting someone just because i have the tools for it.

So innocent people need to die before the bad people are finally killed off? This proves that an armed society is NOT a polite society if you expect more killings the more people are armed. We need to stop these senseless killings and giving people a license hasn't slowed things down.

Listen' date=' Left-tard... Ever since I bought my first gun I've been dying to knock off a bank. Now that I have my CHL I finally have the opportunity to do so. Don't fuck this up for me.[/quote']

That's quite the coincidence, because I've always wanted to shoot someone who was trying to knock off a bank. Citizen Justice status ftmfw.

Have your people call my people, we'll get it scheduled.

this will end well

Quit trying to make trouble

Listen' date=' Left-tard... Ever since I bought my first gun I've been dying to knock off a bank. Now that I have my CHL I finally have the opportunity to do so. Don't fuck this up for me.[/quote']

Like this guy who can't support his argument without resorting to name calling.

since we all enjoy semi-invalid (or semi-valid, whichever way you look at it) stats and biased presentations of data:

http://www.concealedcampus.org/pdf/ccw_gun_facts.pdf

So this just proves you have numbers to show that things don't change much when you give people a license to carry. Gun deaths are still at an acceptable level? Is that what you mean?

How would that make it better, there would just be more guns to shoot with.

Guns are scary.

duh

I've decided to turn in my CHL and destroy all of my guns. It's only a matter of time before I do something stupid with one/all of them.

Give them to me, I'll destroy them for you so you don't have to that mental torture.