Concealed carry = bad

Uncle Punk

Mugger walking down the street in a place where guns are banned, but he has one cuz gun laws only effects the law abiding citizen, he didn't think twice about walking up and demanding money from any one. But you put that same guy in a situation where about fifty percent of the population is armed and he has no way to tell if someone has a firearm to protect themselves I bet he thinks twice about his choices. Sorta what I would call a more polite society...

I know you are just trolling as usual and stirring the pot but really do you really think that everyone on the forum that has their permit to carry is just a bad day away from a mass murder?

• Upvote 1

Mugger walking down the street in a place where guns are banned, but he has one cuz gun laws only effects the law abiding citizen, he didn't think twice about walking up and demanding money from any one. But you put that same guy in a situation where about fifty percent of the population is armed and he has no way to tell if someone has a firearm to protect themselves I bet he thinks twice about his choices. Sorta what I would call a more polite society...

I know you are just trolling as usual and stirring the pot but really do you really think that everyone on the forum that has their permit to carry is just a bad day away from a mass murder?

Who were you replying to?

Your polite society theory doesn't play out in the real world. Every other gang banger has a firearm and yet seems to have no fear of being shot by others. Your scenario works for you but not for most people that mean to cause harm.

There are too many firearms and adding more to the mix won't mean less deaths.

Your polite society theory doesn't play out in the real world. Every other gang banger has a firearm and yet seems to have no fear of being shot by others. Your scenario works for you but not for most people that mean to cause harm.

There are too many firearms and adding more to the mix won't mean less deaths.

Actually, if you take into account where the "gang banger" hangs out it really isn't much of a surprise. And if you take into account their education, home life and outlook on life it really isn't too surprising. Its really no different an attitude the average 1%er has. You argument is specious.

So then you do believe that all the permit holders on here are future mass murderers then, Cuz we are only adding more guns to the mix.

I'm saying adding more guns into a social environment doesn't equal less deaths nor does it make those inclined to cause harm more polite. Maybe in a world that makes sense to your values it does but the theory has many flaws when trying to apply it to the real world.

Giving people a license only makes them bold in their behavior and gives them no more self control or skilled than the next guy. Most here have a driver’s license and everyone I have ridden with disobeys the laws when riding. Giving them a license made no difference in their behavior.

Gun laws only effect he people willing to obey them, so taking all guns away will only effect the do gooders. So why stack the field against the good guy? Why not level the field and let the competent law abiding citizen protect himself from the evils out there? If you want to talk real society, there is no way to believe that if guns are gone that all evil men are also gone. Then you need to outlaw sticksrocks knifes and any other object that can be used for bad if that is your thinking. Its not an idea of putting more guns out there, its a idea of putting more there in good hands than bad. Back ground checks are just that, they don't tell the future. If you are competent and have no reason forme to believe that you wil use a gun for anything unlawful I believe you should have he right to protect yourself and your family.

So, UP, how would you like to get rid of the guns that the gang bangers have? I know how to get rid of the law abiding citizens' guns, but how about the non-law abiding folks?

And when we do stop people from having their Constitutional right to carry legally, how would you like to protect yourself from someone breaking (since I cant think of a way that the non-law abiding citizens will get rid of their guns) into your house and shooting at you and your family?

• Upvote 1

You guys are arguing the wrong argument. I'm not saying to ban guns; I'm saying a license system to carry them is a bad idea. It doesn't insure anything is safer just like a vehicle license doesn't make the roads safer nor make driver obey all traffic laws. If you are going to die from an unnatural cause chances are it will be at the hands of someone who is licensed to drive.

You guys are arguing the wrong argument. I'm not saying to ban guns; I'm saying a license system to carry them is a bad idea. It doesn't insure anything is safer just like a vehicle license doesn't make the roads safer nor make driver obey all traffic laws. If you are going to die from an unnatural cause chances are it will be at the hands of someone who is licensed to drive.

Ok, so what would you suggest the government do to regulate who gets guns and who doesnt? Because making it harder for me to legally buy a gun does not make it harder for the gang banger to get one. All of these arguments are mixed in together.

You do know we don't jusymt sign up to get license right? We have to prove to be competent enough to handle a firearm and in our abilities to use it. Just like a drivers test. Also if people abuse their privelage to drive they lose their license same as a cc permit.

Do you buckle your seatbelt? How about wear your gear when you toss your leg over your bike? Those are both steps in preventing you from getting yourself killled by one of these licensed drivers. I don't see me protecting myself with a firearm any different than you pulling the strap on your helmet.

You do know we don't jusymt sign up to get license right? We have to prove to be competent enough to handle a firearm and in our abilities to use it. Just like a drivers test. Also if people abuse their privelage to drive they lose their license same as a cc permit.

The point of a LCCH is to do what? Make sure people don't do stupid stuff with guns, generate revenue, add more guns the street? How has a licensing system improved anything pertaining to gun related deaths?

The point of a LCCH is to do what? Make sure people don't do stupid stuff with guns, generate revenue, add more guns the street? How has a licensing system improved anything pertaining to gun related deaths?

You keep asking questions but have yet to answer any of mine. Any idea on what you would do?

Back to the more guns on the street problem, I don't see the problem with it. If we are legally putting more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens then the ratio of bad guys with guns to good guys with guns goes down. I don't see a problem with that.

So this just proves you have numbers to show that things don't change much when you give people a license to carry. Gun deaths are still at an acceptable level? Is that what you mean?

it doesn't "prove" anything (just like your link), and the numbers claim that it does a lot more than "[not] change much when you give a license to carry". it say it correlates with reductions in violent crimes (not that it CAUSES the reduction). amongst many other things.

but it sounds like you're trying for a different point altogether. are you basically trying to say that requiring a license for concealed carry is stupid because it hinders the ability of law abiding citizens to carry concealed while criminals will carry concealed regardless?