Only 8% of under 30 voted

Big Chief201

If those idiots don't care about their own future, I say they got the government they deserved. Solely beholden to the dollar and not the electorate. Bleak future is my call, but I'm a liberal, so what do I know.

If those idiots don't care about their own future, I say they got the government they deserved. Solely beholden to the dollar and not the electorate. Bleak future is my call, but I'm a liberal, so what do I know.

Why vote when all you've seen is failure to deliver repeated over and over? This isn't a choice based on laziness, this is what a disenfranchised, disillusioned generation looks like.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I dont disagree with you but I can't stand career politicians and lobbyists. I'm one voice in a pool of many but if you get a group to come together it will make a difference.

The issue is we've become accustomed to all politicians lying and acting to protect their personal/political interests. It breaks down like this:

90-60 -> Lived through the war, knows that government works. Votes out of honor

60-30 -> Saw some politicians lie and game the system, but by and large our government is good. Votes out of duty.

30-18-> Has yet to see an honest politician, or a politician deliver on any promise made. Sees a select few profit at the expense of all. Has no voice in politics, why vote?

Your statements are true.

There needs to be term limits across the board for all elected officials, a method to impeach judges, pay increases are voted on by the people (not the elected officials), an end to all lobbyists, and personally I think our elected officials should only be paid a living stipend.

(I did vote yesterday, hopefully I picked the lesser evils overall)

Of course we've got a large disenfranchised group of highly passionate, angry and well connected people. That's how a revolution starts.

anyone under the age of 25 shouldn't have voted. I shit you not my generation has to have the greatest number of moronic people ever

This is absolutely true. I know a few people (more than one!) who were persuaded by family mostly, to vote all one way. I hate party affiliation and voting based solely on it, and these people were bribed, one with lunch and a tank of gas from her dad, to vote all for one party (in this case, if you were wondering, was republican). So many people I talked to did not know why they were going to vote a certain way, but they knew who they were going to vote for!

-edit-

I liked these statements, so I added them for emphasis.

(I did vote yesterday, hopefully I picked the lesser evils overall)

Of course we've got a large disenfranchised group of highly passionate, angry and well connected people. That's how a revolution starts.

Edited by imprez55

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I dont disagree with you but I can't stand career politicians and lobbyists. I'm one voice in a pool of many but if you get a group to come together it will make a difference.

Get a big enough group to not pay their taxes..... (runs and hides)

Something that turns me off to voting is how it's forced in your face all the time. You MUST do your own research, because you sure as hell aren't gonna get the facts from the tv commercials...and if you listened to any of them to sway your vote then I have no political respect for you. They're full of one-sided, bogus, mudslinging from both sides. And I hate it when people throw their vote away when they don't know why they've voted one way or the other. Just because you hear a name over and over, or because someone else that you know is voting for them doesn't mean you should vote for them. Does it work? Of course. I just wish people would have more respect for the power of their vote and not throw it away.

I vote but I think my generation just believes that it is worthless to vote because your damned if you do and damned if you don't. We might as well vote a bunch of illiterate clowns in to office and things actually might get better. It is sad that is like such but that is all we have known.

So, what, I vote for a douchebag that slams their opponent or I vote for the opponent that slams the other guy/gal? Basically, what I have a choice over is pure bullshit. I have one guy blaming the current in house guy for the economy. For the job loss. I actually feel for the current folks as the bad economy is apparently ALL their faults and easy to lay blame. But, the guy coming in or trying to get voted in simply tells a bunch of smoke and mirrors BS and bashes vs. telling us exactly what was done wrong, but makes the same promises the other guys told prior.

It's a fucking mess. NOBODY has a solution and until these fucktards start to work together to help us all out, why bother? You can be like the old school people and say if we don't vote, we cannot make a difference. So, essentially what you are telling me is that when we all voted last time with the idea to make a difference, the floor fell out and it all went to hell...

Washington needs to change. It's like the unions. Shit needs to be fixed and thinking outside the box is needed. Sides need to be less definitive and a focus on the greater good is what needs to be addressed.

I get fucking tired of every ad telling me what the other asshole didn't do. All the negative ads are getting more and more prominent and I am tired of it. So, in my effort to send a message, I didn't vote. They need to realize that we are fed up.

Rant over...