Super Cycle Weekend 2011 (7/8/11 - 7/10/11)

Casper

Since I had the wife, we stayed at a Hampton Inn ( not the one by Hanley road) this on was next to an Applebee's and just down the road from a Wal-mart, about 8 miles from the track. We go have breakfast around 7 AM in the lobby. There is only 2 other people there. Ten minutes later, Jash Hayes and Melessia Paris come down for breakfast. I made some small talk with them and let them be on there way. So that was kinda neat part of the weekend.

On Sunday, we walked over the infeild side of thunder valley and got some great pics. I did see that earlier pic from thunder valley and I was sitting next to the picnic table for some of the race.

Our camping group is on the other side of Honda bridge by the esses. I had access to a golf cart all weekend. That helped to be mobile during the races to watch from different parts of the track.

On Saturday night, our gang went to the tent camp ground about 7 PM. The rest of the group was dressed as "pimps", as they do every year.

Edited by scottb

havent read many post here but i went up sunday since i live 20 min from the track usually i buy tickets for the whole week but i droped the ball this year and me and my 8yr old rode up for the day..he had a blast watching the stunt show and got to see some awsome racing essecially in the daytona race

Were you over at turn 8 on sunday? I was up on the deck and saw someone with a shirt, but I didn't really feel like yelling at a stranger.

I think we were at turns 6 +7 near the end of the back straightway. Are you talking about the one above the concession stand? Shoulda yelled I woulda chatted.