I'm so damn bored

serpentracer

the winter boredom has hit a all time high for me. even more than any previous year. I need some more hobbies. only one problem, I only seem to like things that cost a lot of money. :broke:

am I the only one?

I'm thinking of getting back into racing and playing with R/C cars. only not a toy kind but a real kind. specifically a 1/8 scale nitro powered buggy. but I don't want to spend the $600-$1000 to get everything to get started.

:rolleyes:

there is a track here in cincy I could race these. check out this video, doesn't that look cool as shit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlljSXHJJdc

Bored here as well.. which just like everyone else, results in spending money on other hobbies or buying parts for the bikes for summer. I figure by April I will be around $1500 deep in additional parts I have purchased over the winter.

Me too. :( RS-TAICHI gear alone is gonna rap me, not to mention everything else i plan to get...sad but well worth it.

oh man you guys are missing out. theres so much to do out here in new england. i can go visit boston (sam adams brewery or any number of others), can go skiing/boarding, winter mountain climbing, XC skiing,, snowmobiling, or just visit one of the really nice coastal towns. so glad im not in ohio right now...

Well i was hoping to use the jacket for street riding too...not recommended?..

A 2 Piece is fine but if you start doing track days, Im guessing that down the road you would want the 1 piece.

Its really personal preferene but I can say that I did not see too many people using 2 piece suits at the track. Once you do a track day, you will be addicted.. Trust me...

Im sure you could buy a good 1 piece suit and a nice leather jacket for less then $800-1K without any problems. How much is that suit your looking at going to cost you.

Well i was hoping to use the jacket for street riding too...not recommended?..

Get a 2-piece suit. You're not going to be competing and I doubt you'll be at the track more than the street anyways. You go on a fast back road ride and when you stop, you can just unzip the jacket and take it off. Much more of an all around better suit than an annoying 1 piece. Trust me. I got the 52 JR GPX-Type R suit from www.newenough.com for a $535 price. It's holding up great. 3 years old now and still like new. Of course 1x a week after I wipe it with a damp cloth, I wipe it all over with PLEDGE to maintain the leather well.